W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It would be SO easy to word this in a helpful way in the configurator wouldn't it - 'swop 7.4kWh capable 32a commando for 16a smaller commando'. Job done. Same as the Acoustic glass - 7.3% reduction in noise I later read in a press release but just intern marketing twaddle in the configurator!
Actually it does, if you look at the info 'i' for the option it is pretty clear what you get and that it replaces the standard cable. Your dealer should have highlighted this as an additional check before completing your order.

Porsche Taycan UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket 1643710739460
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This thread prompted me to check my order and I too had ordered the 16AMP in error but the dealer has amended to the 32AMP so when it eventually arrives it will hopefully come with everything I need.
Standard spec for all UK Taycans:

Porsche Taycan UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket 1643710911780

You do not need to add anything further in terms of cabling for home use (unless you have specific needs or potentially need a longer EVSE to car cable).

If you will use / could use a public AC charger which is not tethered (i.e. no cable to connect EVSE to your car) then you should order the Public Mode 3 charging cable or you run the risk of getting caught out.

Porsche Taycan UK Porsche mobile charge connect - what output with 32A commando socket 1643711068391

Suggest also to highlight a weakness in their ordering process and in particular validation of orders - this would sound an alarm to an savvy Sales Assistant.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
That's exactly what happened - I saw I needed a blue commando which seemed to be an option and it didn't state you got the 32a as std. I didn't know then that blue could be 16a or 32a and that they werent compatible. Well they never told me either! Ho hum.
To be fair to the dealer they're not electricians and if you didn't ask then they wouldn't question.
Even then they probably would need to find out from someone else.

I know a little about commercial sockets as my plant uses multiple sockets at different amperage so I know they come in different sizes.

Unless you are able to get the dealer to change the cable at no charge probably the cheapest fix would be to ask an electrician to change you socket to a 16A instead. However with 16a I would presume you could only charge at around 3.7kw instead of 7kw what 32a could offer.

Not the end of the world as you said you fitted it for emergency purposes.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
To be fair to the dealer they're not electricians and if you didn't ask then they wouldn't question.
Even then they probably would need to find out from someone else.

I know a little about commercial sockets as my plant uses multiple sockets at different amperage so I know they come in different sizes.

Unless you are able to get the dealer to change the cable at no charge probably the cheapest fix would be to ask an electrician to change you socket to a 16A instead. However with 16a I would presume you could only charge at around 3.7kw instead of 7kw what 32a could offer.

Not the end of the world as you said you fitted it for emergency purposes.
They are trained in all things 'Taycan' so should be more aware than you give credit for plus they have a Gold Tech on site who is 'the expert'.

Best to get the upgrade to 32A and cable - too slow otherwise.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
They are trained in all things 'Taycan' so should be more aware than you give credit for plus they have a Gold Tech on site who is 'the expert'.

Best to get the upgrade to 32A and cable - too slow otherwise.
"Trained" might be pushing it. Think we can all agree as much as we all hope they have the answers the reality is that their apparant lack of knowledge is clear to see.

When I was going through my final build with my "new" SE (original moved to a different part of the country) his suggestions for my CT Turbo S?

Matrix LED in black as he said it's only £300 to upgrade from standard LED to full Matrix.

Off-road pack in gloss black. SE said Off road pack would be in complete plastic and getting that on a Turbo S would look silly.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Actually it does, if you look at the info 'i' for the option it is pretty clear what you get and that it replaces the standard cable. Your dealer should have highlighted this as an additional check before completing your order.

1643710739460.png

I disagree - that is NOT clear and it is quite misleading. I'm all over it like a rash now but I knew then that I would never want a 3phase 400v one so chose the 240v blue. Their info can be drastically improved to add clarity for a newbie and what is actually typical for charging. That suggests a 3phase red is std!

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
"Trained" might be pushing it. Think we can all agree as much as we all hope they have the answers the reality is that their apparant lack of knowledge is clear to see.

When I was going through my final build with my "new" SE (original moved to a different part of the country) his suggestions for my CT Turbo S?

Matrix LED in black as he said it's only £300 to upgrade from standard LED to full Matrix.

Off-road pack in gloss black. SE said Off road pack would be in complete plastic and getting that on a Turbo S would look silly.
I had to let it go that preheating at home warms the battery for faster 7.4kWh charging - dealer was adamant! As my 16a/32a newbie c0ck up shows there is a lot to learn and decipher with EV's. However since becoming an absolute expert (and ordering a GTS:involve:) my salesman was picking my brain about the 150kw charger option for real world reasons. If you don't live it...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I disagree - that is NOT clear and it is quite misleading. I'm all over it like a rash now but I knew then that I would never want a 3phase 400v one so chose the 240v blue. Their info can be drastically improved to add clarity for a newbie and what is actually typical for charging. That suggests a 3phase red is std!
The point is that you did not need to choose anything and stick with what came standard.
Sponsored