old seadog

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Picked up my 4S today and my dealer said that Porsche vehicles price was imminent plus an additional brexit price rise in the near future. Could all be taken with a pinch of salt but very likely.
Sponsored

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I got told the same thing.
10% rise next year on top of the potential 10% Brexit duty in 2021.

Like I said on another post. It’ll be expensive to buy a Porsche in Britain next year.

Salty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Picked up my 4S today and my dealer said that Porsche vehicles price was imminent plus an additional brexit price rise in the near future. Could all be taken with a pinch of salt but very likely.
That’s exactly what I was told yesterday by a local OPC.

DP30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover SVR, M6
Country flag
That’s exactly what I was told yesterday by a local OPC.
I was told the same thing but then again it could be a sales tactic to try and get you to buy something now if available or sell you an approved used Taycan.

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
I placed an order for a 4S a few weeks ago. 2 days later I received an email from the dealer with an addendum to the contract of sale from Porsche UK demanding that I accept a 10% increase on the configuration price to reflect the expected 10% Tariff resulting from a no deal Brexit. It also stated that Porsche admin charges would be levied but didn’t quantify them.

Not being minded to sign blank cheques, I declined.

I also pointed out:
Any Tariff would be on the ex works value if the car. i.e net of VAT and the dealer margin
The Tariff may not be 10%
any Tariff may not apply to electric vehicles
Any Tariff may be value based. Eg on vehicles above say £50k, £75k, £100k etc.

My lockdown date is early Jan so we agreed to take stock then when the Tariff situation is more clear.

I certainly sensed that Porsche will look to hide a price increase within the tariff.

Interestingly, I also have a Phev Defender on order. No mention whatsoever of a Tariff being applied, though of course order Ts & Cs allow for it (or cancellation).

Would be interested to know other members experiences and the feedback provided to their dealers and happy to share the clause proposed by Porsche.

My view is that the price provided on the configurator should be held by Porsche at the point a deposit is paid and commitment made to buy the vehicle...

And whilst there are pricing and specification differences across Europe, let’s not forget that German manufacturers have always dubbed the UK ‘Treasure Island’...I.e. their margins here have historically been strong.

Salty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was told the same thing but then again it could be a sales tactic to try and get you to buy something now if available or sell you an approved used Taycan.
Yes I completely agree with you. I spoke to my more local OPC and was told that it hasn’t happened yet.

Salty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I placed an order for a 4S a few weeks ago. 2 days later I received an email from the dealer with an addendum to the contract of sale from Porsche UK demanding that I accept a 10% increase on the configuration price to reflect the expected 10% Tariff resulting from a no deal Brexit. It also stated that Porsche admin charges would be levied but didn’t quantify them.

Not being minded to sign blank cheques, I declined.

I also pointed out:
Any Tariff would be on the ex works value if the car. i.e net of VAT and the dealer margin

My lockdown date is early Jan so we agreed to take stock then when the Tariff situation is more clear.

I certainly sensed that Porsche will look to hide a price increase within the tariff.

Interestingly, I also have a Phev Defender on order. No mention whatsoever of a Tariff being applied, though of course order Ts & Cs allow for it (or cancellation).

Would be interested to know other members experiences and the feedback provided to their dealers and happy to share the clause proposed by Porsche.

My view is that the price provided on the configurator should be held by Porsche at the point a deposit is paid and commitment made to buy the vehicle...

And whilst there are pricing and specification differences across Europe, let’s not forget that German manufacturers have always dubbed the UK ‘Treasure Island’...I.e. their margins here have historically been strong.
That’s interesting. When I put a deposit on a Boxster GTS 4.0 a few weeks ago I was asked to sign a document acknowledging the fact that there may be a tariff of up to 10% but agreed with the salesman that we would review it in January and that if it was indeed the case I could cancel the order and have my deposit refunded.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
Just had email for Porsche and stated that mine went onto V260 a couple of days early, so hoping it will make into UK ahead of the dreaded 31/12.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I also pointed out:
If we don't strike a free trade agreement with the EU then we default to WTO tariffs:

Fixed at 10%,
Do not delineate between EV and ICE cars
Are not on a sliding scale

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
If we don't strike a free trade agreement with the EU then we default to WTO tariffs:

Fixed at 10%,
Do not delineate between EV and ICE cars
Are not on a sliding scale
Yes, agreed but of course there could be some form of half way house deal that would also include tarrifs that could contain some form of delineation or scaling... It's all just guesswork but in the meantime Porsche are asking for a carte blance acceptance of a 10% increase on the full RRP, not on the import value.

That's the problem at the moment, no one has a clue, yet is expected to 'plan for Brexit' and contine business as usual.

I feel for importers/exporters/manufacturers but think that Porsche will attempt to leverage the situation to increase their margins.