Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Following the thread on the general servicing section about servicing costs, it would appear that the UK buyers are paying more than other countries for servicing.

As some cars approach first service time, could members just update this thread with their experiences / costs please.

In the meantime, this link was posted for comparison, with a thought that a foreign trip would actually pay for itself to get a service.

https://www.porsche-paderborn.de/de/service-wartung_de_pad.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
By comparison. Taken from a UK dealer site:

Porsche has introduced three Service Plans for the Taycan to help spread the cost of servicing the all-electric Porsche.

Taking out a fixed price Service Plan is a great way to keep your Taycan in top condition, ensuring that only Porsche-trained Technicians care for your car when service and maintenance work is being carried out, and that the costs are known upfront.

There are three Taycan Service Plans available which cover different maintenance levels. All plans include the use of Porsche Genuine Parts which have a two year warranty.

Prices start from £2,304 (incl.VAT) for the Core Plan with a term of 4 years/40k miles. The cost can be covered either by a one-off payment or spread over a minimum of 36 months.

And a Screenshot from German dealer link (above)...

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs Screenshot_20211101-161309_Chrome

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs Screenshot_20211101-161259_Chrome

Last edited:

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Does the UK plan include tyres, consumables (disks, pads etc)?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Following the thread on the general servicing section about servicing costs, it would appear that the UK buyers are paying more than other countries for servicing.

As some cars approach first service time, could members just update this thread with their experiences / costs please.

In the meantime, this link was posted for comparison, with a thought that a foreign trip would actually pay for itself to get a service.

https://www.porsche-paderborn.de/de/service-wartung_de_pad.html
You could actually arrange for a driving event. Assemble somewhere in the U.K., travel to Germany and have a group of Taycans serviced in a day or two. And then arrange some nice stopovers in some wine districts and nice hotel/meals! Bi Annual event!!
??

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi Guys - I lived in Belgium and Knokke is a nice coastal resort close to Brugge and not far from Antwerp. Nice restos etc.

PCK (find on google) are the local Knokke Porsche centre - I asked if they could service a UK Specced Taycan next year. Here is their reply.....

This is no problem. We can do the maintenance on you Taycan next year.

We only need some more information. Name and address of registration of the car, VIN number, mileage, tel phone number.

When we have all these information, we can sent you an offer.

I explained that I had not yet received my VIN, but would re-contact when I knew it.

Anyways, Just in case anyone is now planning a 'servicing weekend'

Cheers

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Just received this conflicting email from Porsche finance service...

Thank you for contacting Porsche Financial Services.

I would like to inform you that if you were to get your car services at a continental Porsche dealer this would affect your Full Porsche Service History. I would also like to inform you that if you have a PCP agreement the vehicle can only leave the UK for up to 90 days a year and if you have a contract hire agreement you would need permission to take the vehicle outside of the UK.

Should you have any further questions, I would advise to contact the retailer directly.

This is opposite to what Porsche GB told me (see earlier post)

I am following this up to ask for the basis of this claim - given EU block legislation etc.

I am trying to find an email address for Porsche HQ in Germany to ask them too.

Cheers

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I think we should all try and get to the bottom of this UK ripoff by Porsche UK! I know we expect it on extras, but this is at a new level, even for them. . . . .
My first service is coming up next July, so not that far away.

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

I would like to inform you that if you were to get your car services at a continental Porsche dealer this would affect your Full Porsche Service History. I would also like to inform you that if you have a PCP agreement the vehicle can only leave the UK for up to 90 days a year and if you have a contract hire agreement you would need permission to take the vehicle outside of the UK.

Should you have any further questions, I would advise to contact the retailer directly.

I am following this up to ask for the basis of this claim - given EU block legislation etc.

Cheers
Its a strange reply.

The first bit is the relevant bit.

So I don't see why they then added the bit about the car leaving the country - especially 90 days - seeing as its only going for an overseas service.

As I say, a strange response.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

Cheers
I agree with you, this is a very strange answer. seems there have been others that received similar answers when the involved Porsche Finacial Services.

It is totally against the European efforts of allowing certified independent service workshops to perform service. I bought a couple of Porsche from Germany in the 90’s and imported them to the U.K. No issues at all with servicing, service stamps or warranty work at all. Only issue the cars were LHD, so difficult to sell in the U.K. of course.

Here is a link to a issues page on the Porsche website ( in german) but I have used it and received answers that way. If everything else fails send it to Blume.

https://contact.porsche.com/germany/dialog/contact/contactandinformations-yourporschequestion/

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
This was posted by another member from Spain - 1st service - cheap as chips @ 277 Euros! - and we in the UK are expected to pay £2,200 for 2 services?

Porsche Taycan UK service & costs EEB01597-851A-4C66-A0D6-8F90232D029A

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
would love to see Porsche response if they tried to renege a warranty claim if service carried out by a official Porsche garage on the continent, what could they say. Not qualified for RHD vehicles

Also how could they possible refuse to replace a non-serviced part if faulty ?

I accept full responsibility for the wiper blades

OP
OP
Fish Fingers

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Who would ultimately call the shots on this?

Porsche UK

Porsche Gmbh (or whatever HQ is called)

Porsche Financial Services (if its financed by them)

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Who would ultimately call the shots on this?

Porsche UK

Porsche Gmbh (or whatever HQ is called)

Porsche Financial Services (if its financed by them)
What’s needed is a contact email that we can all respond with our concerns and, obviously, put our comments over as, “they must have made a mistake”. Always need to leave Porsche with a way out, rather than a cornered cat. . . .
Sponsored