Robe68

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, Fiat 500 , Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have read a few threads on the cost of the 2 year service for the Taycan, with dealers charging varying amounts for what is an inspection and brake fluid change. Today I recieved the attached for my 4s which would have been 2 years old last month, although I have now sold it and collected a GTS, so I wont need the service but thought the quote from Colchester OPC may of interest to th forum, and seems a reasonable cost for the service compared to what some have shared so far.
Sponsored

Attachments

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Very helpful Nick thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had a quote this morning from Porsche Aberdeen for my first 2 yr service - £720 (incl VAT) - naturally I've challenged using the recent detail from @Robe68 above.

There's inflation and then there's being 'at it'!

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it helps l, I went through this all last month and the real bugbear was being charged to check drain channels. I asked for a breakdown of work and half of it roughly related to checking drainage! When I dug deeper I finally got confirmation that was not mandatory and it halved the cost to below 400. Cheers

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
If it helps l, I went through this all last month and the real bugbear was being charged to check drain channels. I asked for a breakdown of work and half of it roughly related to checking drainage! When I dug deeper I finally got confirmation that was not mandatory and it halved the cost to below 400. Cheers
Thanks Omar - Others have been told that they could drop it - but it would affect warranty. Did your dealer confirm warranty would be unaffected?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks Omar - Others have been told that they could drop it - but it would affect warranty. Did your dealer confirm warranty would be unaffected?
An inspection of drain holes around the charge ports is listed in the service notes - should take 5 mins per port I'd guess!

Not sure if there was an additional requirement for the Pano roof but again this ought not take hours of labour time to inspect.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just checked with Porsche Edinburgh and apparently they charge the same as Aberdeen and so I got no purchase on that front.

Apparently it is 2.5hrs of labour at £180/HR + VAT as per Porsche GmbH.

I think a few customers got a few favours in early on this thread!

So 17/10 for me and hopefully they will miraculously give back my missing 35+ miles of range since uPdate was applied.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m being a bit careful as in the end I benefited from a “gesture” but I challenged the warranty point hard, on basis that any issues with drainage not flowing as it should are a design flaw not a serviceable item, and once I asked PUK to chip in, that resulted in the gesture.
Sponsored