First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Hi All,

New here based in the UK and just back from my local dealer. Looking at the 4S CT and had a drive, what an amazing machine and although the stats of the 4S are very close to my Jag F-Pace SVR it feels so SO much faster. I'm going to go and take a look at a couple of other cars and make a decision on my next car (only looking electric) but Porsche have a very long wait for new cars. The Taycan, if ordered today, will have a current build slot of late November 2022. As an aside, if you order any form of 911 now then build slots are late 2023!

I always struggle to wait so over a year wait seems madness to me. I can't help but think that so many things will change in that time and I'll end up with an already outdated version of the car and/or something completely new will appear and be simply amazing. The old wait of around 3 months was fine as it was unlikely to change much but over a year....I'm not sure I can handle that.

What are people thoughts on waiting over a year? I know we won't really know but what do we think will be added/improved in the range and will I kick myself at pick up when there is already a clearly better option :facepalm:
Sponsored

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Cant see many new Ev's having short U.K lead-times for the next 12 month, even the woeful Jag Ipace has a 6 month wait.....

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Personally, I would never wait for a car more than 6 months.

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All,

New here based in the UK and just back from my local dealer. Looking at the 4S CT and had a drive, what an amazing machine and although the stats of the 4S are very close to my Jag F-Pace SVR it feels so SO much faster. I'm going to go and take a look at a couple of other cars and make a decision on my next car (only looking electric) but Porsche have a very long wait for new cars. The Taycan, if ordered today, will have a current build slot of late November 2022. As an aside, if you order any form of 911 now then build slots are late 2023!

I always struggle to wait so over a year wait seems madness to me. I can't help but think that so many things will change in that time and I'll end up with an already outdated version of the car and/or something completely new will appear and be simply amazing. The old wait of around 3 months was fine as it was unlikely to change much but over a year....I'm not sure I can handle that.

What are people thoughts on waiting over a year? I know we won't really know but what do we think will be added/improved in the range and will I kick myself at pick up when there is already a clearly better option :facepalm:
Your deposit should be refundable so I don’t think you have much to lose. Put an order in. If you get fed up of waiting and see something better in the meantime (I doubt you will ?) you switch or go for a nearly new but that will likely cost pretty much list price given resale values are nuts
Sponsored