UK Taycan build slots

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hi, just wondering when you registered your interest with your dealer please? I’m down for a Turbo, but my dealer doesn’t seem to know when I might get an allocation (registered interest about a year ago, deposit down and order placed late last year).

Thanks
i had a deposit for a 4s in Nov (April build/June delivery)
But found a dealership with a Turbo that had a (March build/ May del)
So I put a deposit in for the Turbo and cancelled my 4s with the other dealer

it’s worth calling or emailing the dealerships and seeing what they have
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I paid deposit Dec, March build, April Delivery. 4S with performance battery. I believe if you spec with the perm battery then you get the car earlier.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
That’s my car specification locked in. UK specification. Surprised that the dealer doesn’t understand the Olev £3500 grant suggesting that I have to claim that! I said no I don’t you do! Also said that if I charged at home then it would take 30 hours! Yes from a plug maybe but not a 7.2 kw charger! Tried to explain he wasn’t correct, without being rude. Disappointing experience to be honest. £113k car I would have expected they know more. Anyway February build, March delivery. Note: I’m in UK.
I’ve had a similar experience with my 4S. I’ve just ordered a Zappi charger. That will do 7kW from a single phase. Andersen are talking 12 weeks plus for their charger.... the Porsche supplied 11kW charger will only do 3.6kW from single phase as it has been designed for 2 or 3 phase operation. Not much use in the UK.

expecting my car March. Again on the knowledge front, dealership have some catching up to do.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Mine's due to be locked in any day, 11th March to leave the factory, no idea how long it takes to reach dealer in the UK

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
So, i have a deposit on a 4s and waiting for a build slot, dealership is hoping for April, but doesn't know yet and it may be May. Question is - is it worth my phoning dealership to dealership in the hope that there is a Guaranteed Feb or March build slot for a 4s, preferably that hasn't been specced yet? UK BTW. TVM
I had my car build locked down November time. Expecting delivery March/April. I wouldn’t expect any spare slots. . .

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
I had my car build locked down November time. Expecting delivery March/April. I wouldn’t expect any spare slots. . .
I think you will be surprised, some dealers say they have enough deposits to last 18 months but others seem to have some availability
My local dealer told me they were not given any Turbo S allocations at all and others seem to have been given 3 or 4

Rodders

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST GTS, R8 V10, TVR Griffith, Range Rover
Country flag
Hi, just wondering when you registered your interest with your dealer please? I’m down for a Turbo, but my dealer doesn’t seem to know when I might get an allocation (registered interest about a year ago, deposit down and order placed late last year).

Thanks
Hi
I registered interest well over a year ago but heard nothing from the dealer (not unusual) after that. I had to call them post-launch and shelled out the £5k back in September last year.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I paid deposit Dec, March build, April Delivery. 4S with performance battery. I believe if you spec with the perm battery then you get the car earlier.
Just been told that my delivery date is now June... gutted! But happy to wait and get a working car.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thanks
Finally confirmed today that I have April build and June / July delivery. Getting this info out of my dealer felt asking them for state secrets.

Rodders

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST GTS, R8 V10, TVR Griffith, Range Rover
Country flag
i had a deposit for a 4s in Nov (April build/June delivery)
But found a dealership with a Turbo that had a (March build/ May del)
So I put a deposit in for the Turbo and cancelled my 4s with the other dealer

it’s worth calling or emailing the dealerships and seeing what they have
Finally confirmed today that I have April build and June / July delivery. Getting this info out of my dealer felt asking them for state secrets.
Deposit placed for a turbo last September - I have an April build for mid May delivery.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

It is like pulling teeth I have no idea why we can’t just log in and check ourselves

Nemic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Does anyone know when UK dealers will start holding the Taycan launch events?