TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
Hi all, I currently have a 4s awaiting allocation and was wondering what the best way to sort out insurance was. I've been driving for 7 years and have 7 years no claims and get a few 2k insurance quotes on compare the market when the car price is 100k but when I increase it to above that I receive 1 or 2 quotes for 7 or 8k. I've checked with Admiral online and they gave me 7k or 4k with the black box. Does this mean that I shouldn't be looking to purchase a car in this price range or are there particular companies that I could speak to who could give me a decent quote?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
I think a lot of UK based people on here are with Admiral as they usually give the best quote so if they are giving you such a high quote you could be out of luck. I went with NFU Mutual (who aren't on the comparison sites), premium was £680 (in March this year) with three years no claims although I am 48 and have been driving for 30 years which may be more important than no claims bonus. A good thing about NFU is that they include GAP insurance as standard in the policy

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
There are a few threads on here for UK insurance if you do a search.

And if you are going to use price comparison sites, I also suggest you use a few (as they are based) and also try companies not on them like NFU (mentioned above).

How old are you OP?
I think that may be the key issue here.

OP
OP

TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
There are a few threads on here for UK insurance if you do a search.

And if you are going to use price comparison sites, I also suggest you use a few (as they are based) and also try companies not on them like NFU (mentioned above).

How old are you OP?
I think that may be the key issue here.
yeah I’ll try the other comparison sites cheers. I’ve checked the other threads but it’s seems as though people go with admiral or a few others. I haven’t checked with nfu but the others are giving be above 5k. Yeah I think it’s an age/years driving issue as I’m 30. Not sure what other options I have other than speccing it below 100k which is where I can get a few decent quotes.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
yeah I’ll try the other comparison sites cheers. I’ve checked the other threads but it’s seems as though people go with admiral or a few others. I haven’t checked with nfu but the others are giving be above 5k. Yeah I think it’s an age/years driving issue as I’m 30. Not sure what other options I have other than speccing it below 100k which is where I can get a few decent quotes.
If you think a big part of the high quotes is the value of the car having the tracker activated may bring premiums down. I don't think this is an option on the comparison sites so you may have to directly to the insurers to have that included when they provide you with a quote. NFU wouldn't even insure me without the tracker, or rather they would only offer me accident cover but not theft cover which obviously I wasn't going to agree to. I was probably going to have it anyway so I wasn't too bothered

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Not sure where in Manchester the OP lives, but address also plays a big part of the insurance cost equation.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Location and occupation.

My stunt man friend has a horrible time getting insured! Mine is circa £600 with Admiral as 38 year old professional. Some benefit to being boring!

OP
OP

TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
Location and occupation.

My stunt man friend has a horrible time getting insured! Mine is circa £600 with Admiral as 38 year old professional. Some benefit to being boring!
Hah funnily enough I used to live in High Wycombe a few years back and my insurance was half the price I pay in the north. I did have look to see what it would cost to insure a Taycan at my Wycombe address and it was the same the up here

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Hah funnily enough I used to live in High Wycombe a few years back and my insurance was half the price I pay in the north. I did have look to see what it would cost to insure a Taycan at my Wycombe address and it was the same the up here
Occupation it is then!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Try Hastings Direct. I have never owned a car, so don't even have a no claims. That will see eye watering insurance when I eventually insure my Taycan.

So...

I instead got insurance on my mum's VW Polo (that I will never drive, but the insurance company won't know) where it is unlikely I will have my Taycan before the 12 months of that insurance policy has run.

That means I will have 1 years no claims for my Taycan, that should reduce the premium anywhere between 10-30%.

Having hunted around many insurance providers, they were the cheapest fully comp. Perhaps that will be true of a Taycan?

Also note anything over £100k value sees a huge premium. That might be where GAP insurance comes in to make it cheaper where your fully comp covers you to £100k, then GAP covers the remainder.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hi all, I currently have a 4s awaiting allocation and was wondering what the best way to sort out insurance was. I've been driving for 7 years and have 7 years no claims and get a few 2k insurance quotes on compare the market when the car price is 100k but when I increase it to above that I receive 1 or 2 quotes for 7 or 8k. I've checked with Admiral online and they gave me 7k or 4k with the black box. Does this mean that I shouldn't be looking to purchase a car in this price range or are there particular companies that I could speak to who could give me a decent quote?

Thanks in advance
I’m with Porsche insurance. £355 just quoted for my 2020 4S with £700 excess.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Direct line wouldn't quote at all. Been with them ages too! Admiral moved the price by about 600 when i can back to trade - the original quote had expired as the car delivery was moved back - so i didn't use them as matter of principle. In the end i went via a broker who found me a decentish level. 9yrs (protected) no claims, no points, but a couple of recent minor claims on previous cars screwing things up i think.

Last edited:
OP
OP

TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
Direct line wouldn't quote at all. Been with them ages too! Admiral moved the price by about 600 when i can back to trade - the original quote had expired as the car delivery was moved back - so i didn't use them as matter of principle. In the end i went via a broker who found me a decentish level. 9yrs (protected) no claims, no points, but a couple of recent minor claims on previous cars screwing things up i think.
I think this is what I’ll end up doing too. Could you give me the name of the broker?

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Matt Armstrong (on YT) who has numerous high value cars heavily modded uses Adrian Flux and praises their competitiveness so worth a try

Location and when you tick over 10yrs exp seems to influence the most. In NW London, GL63 was £3.5k at 26yo. Moved to the peaceful Cotswolds a couple of years later, went down to £1.5k. Lately, an old man Vogue was just £450 with Admiral (comprehensive, 8k miles, commute, driveway with NCB protection) at 31.

I’d be in your shoes I’d spec it at £105k if that’s what you want and declare a value of £99k (arguably cars USED to lose £ as soon as driven off the lot). I’d just refuse to give £8k away to an insurer and their wacky algorithms.
Sponsored