TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
Matt Armstrong (on YT) who has numerous high value cars heavily modded uses Adrian Flux and praises their competitiveness so worth a try

Location and when you tick over 10yrs exp seems to influence the most. In NW London, GL63 was £3.5k at 26yo. Moved to the peaceful Cotswolds a couple of years later, went down to £1.5k. Lately, an old man Vogue was just £450 with Admiral (comprehensive, 8k miles, commute, driveway with NCB protection) at 31.

I’d be in your shoes I’d spec it at £105k if that’s what you want and declare a value of £99k (arguably cars USED to lose £ as soon as driven off the lot). I’d just refuse to give £8k away to an insurer and their wacky algorithms.
I'm going to get in touch with a broker, if they can't help then this will most likely be my route. I wish I could spec it to 110k and declare it 99k, that would be ideal!

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I'm going to get in touch with a broker, if they can't help then this will most likely be my route. I wish I could spec it to 110k and declare it 99k, that would be ideal!
Your insurance is unlikely to be valid in that case, if that’s a consideration?

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I think a lot of UK based people on here are with Admiral as they usually give the best quote so if they are giving you such a high quote you could be out of luck. I went with NFU Mutual (who aren't on the comparison sites), premium was £680 (in March this year) with three years no claims although I am 48 and have been driving for 30 years which may be more important than no claims bonus. A good thing about NFU is that they include GAP insurance as standard in the policy
That is useful info about the gap insurance being included.
I haven't ordered yet but
I thought I'd check the cost before I ordered. I have the advantage of being old! Aviva where the cheapest gof my wife and at £535 including protected ncd. 9 years + ncd

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
If there is another car in the household (or even a relative at another address) you could get a significant discount with Admiral if you have a multi car policy. Separate policies and quotes but under 1 umbrella and renew together. Could save you 10-15% I think

OP
OP

TroopStormer

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s otw
Country flag
update: I think I figured out what the issue was. I didn’t select any voluntary excess on the comparison sites, now that I have I’m getting 2k quotes for £110k car which is the within ballpark I was expecting so all good!
Sponsored