kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
How are you guys thats that have received cars in the UK finding the insurance?

I initially went on compare the market and found a decent quote from Admiral for the Turbo S (32 years old/9 years NCB) at around £1000 which I was happy with....

My Panamera insurance is due to run out this month and I figured id ring around to see what it was going to cost to transfer the vehicle etc to factor the costs in and as soon as I told Admiral that I wasn't the registered keeper etc (My company is) they basically doubled it!

Cheapest ive found so far is £1652 Plus the tracker from Churchill who im currently with.

Anyone got any brokers they can recommend? I don't think my company fleet policy will like it as it was never worth putting the Panamera on it so doubt the Taycan will go down well.
Sponsored

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Try NFU mutual. Search for your local office.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
How are you guys thats that have received cars in the UK finding the insurance?

I initially went on compare the market and found a decent quote from Admiral for the Turbo S (32 years old/9 years NCB) at around £1000 which I was happy with....

My Panamera insurance is due to run out this month and I figured id ring around to see what it was going to cost to transfer the vehicle etc to factor the costs in and as soon as I told Admiral that I wasn't the registered keeper etc (My company is) they basically doubled it!

Cheapest ive found so far is £1652 Plus the tracker from Churchill who im currently with.

Anyone got any brokers they can recommend? I don't think my company fleet policy will like it as it was never worth putting the Panamera on it so doubt the Taycan will go down well.
Allianz via broker have offered me (Taycan 4S with modest range of extras inc battery upgrade ~ list £102,000) an annual rate of sub £1000 with an excess of £300. They do require that the tracker is subscribed to and that the car is garaged over night. I have 9 years NCB ... I have an enquiry out with AN Other insurer presently too.

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm getting quoted £2k for my Turbo S via my ltd company... WTF!

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Why is your company the registered keeper? Whilst your company is the owner, you can be the registered keeper. They do not have to be the same. I have two company EVs and I am the registered keeper for both of them. My insurance company (LV) allows this and I can then keep my no claims bonus.

OP
OP

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
Why is your company the registered keeper? Whilst your company is the owner, you can be the registered keeper. They do not have to be the same. I have two company EVs and I am the registered keeper for both of them. My insurance company (LV) allows this and I can then keep my no claims bonus.
No idea to be honest. I’ve always just ticked the box as my accountant always suggested making sure everything was very transparent in case of a visit from HMRC

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get this from LV:

Sorry...
...we don't insure this type of car.

SteveMc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
£600 with black box (Bell Direct)
£678 without (Admiral)

Turbo, age 49, never exceed the speed limit;)

GDHazy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
£600 with black box (Bell Direct)
£678 without (Admiral)

Turbo, age 49, never exceed the speed limit;)
Those numbers seem well low to me. I'm in my 30's with 15 Years NCB and my Turbo S is coming up at over £1.5k, the Turbo isn't much cheaper so how the hell are you getting quotes at £700......

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Did a quick search on Confused & Compare the Market. Confused were cheaper with Admiral @£666 where as Compare the market were @£840. Thats me & the wife both of us have a claim & 1 conviction in the last 5 years. Not a bad deal @£666, much cheaper than the 991 4s @£1400. My taycan 4S is with performance battery as well.
Sponsored