UK Taycan Insurance

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
I have a multi-car Hiscox policy via a broker and being quoted £2.5k/year to add the Taycan Turbo S with 15k business mileage, driveway parking, personal use, wife on the policy etc - which they tell me is apparently very good! It's a top-notch policy and there'd be zero quibble on any repair etc, but still seems rather steep compared to some of the quotes you guys have been receiving!

33, 15 years NCB, 0 claims, 0 points.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I have a multi-car Hiscox policy via a broker and being quoted £2.5k/year to add the Taycan Turbo S with 15k business mileage, driveway parking, personal use, wife on the policy etc - which they tell me is apparently very good! It's a top-notch policy and there'd be zero quibble on any repair etc, but still seems rather steep compared to some of the quotes you guys have been receiving!

That sound very expensive. I’ve an NFU quality policy covering me as 60, 3pts and 7-8years no claims wirh my NC protected, 12,000 miles and occasional business use for £900 and that’s pretty expensive.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Admiral for me £660
Admiral for me too at £700. Need to add Gap insurance as most companies will only give you market value for the car if written off or stolen. So your say £108k car is written off or stolen in year 2 or 3 may be worth £70k so that’s all you will get back to replace it with and if you have to settle finance on top that could be substantial deficit. I use Novo as they will give you an agreed value each year and settle finance and get you in a new car, you can use whoever you wish for repairs and they guarantee a loan car of similar spec. They have a fleet of Tesla’s and are buying some Taycans. Cost is just under around £800 for me but it saves me £200 a year for Gap insurance

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
Admiral for me too at £700. Need to add Gap insurance as most companies will only give you market value for the car if written off or stolen. So your say £108k car is written off or stolen in year 2 or 3 may be worth £70k so that’s all you will get back to replace it with and if you have to settle finance on top that could be substantial deficit. I use Novo as they will give you an agreed value each year and settle finance and get you in a new car, you can use whoever you wish for repairs and they guarantee a loan car of similar spec. They have a fleet of Tesla’s and are buying some Taycans. Cost is just under around £800 for me but it saves me £200 a year for Gap insurance
57. Car garaged no claims, 3 points 4 years ago and 15 years NCB

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Try A Plan Private clients in High Wycombe. Great service and competitive.

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

It’s also a function of where you live. I have similar quite at £2.200 which is classed as fleet insurance so almost anyone can drive it. I live in London and the car will be on the street parking often. If I insured it under our Daventry office, price was about half.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Update on insurance. 59 yr old no claims 3 points. Turbo S £152k 15k miles. Cheapest £900-1000. In the end went with Novo insurance £1,777 as guaranteed new for old, like for like courtesy car, Porsche approved repairs plus they offer an accident broker service. Will review next year.

jheard

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MXP100D. Taycan 4S
Country flag
How are you guys thats that have received cars in the UK finding the insurance?

I initially went on compare the market and found a decent quote from Admiral for the Turbo S (32 years old/9 years NCB) at around £1000 which I was happy with....

My Panamera insurance is due to run out this month and I figured id ring around to see what it was going to cost to transfer the vehicle etc to factor the costs in and as soon as I told Admiral that I wasn't the registered keeper etc (My company is) they basically doubled it!

Cheapest ive found so far is £1652 Plus the tracker from Churchill who im currently with.

Anyone got any brokers they can recommend? I don't think my company fleet policy will like it as it was never worth putting the Panamera on it so doubt the Taycan will go down well.
Depends where you live, how old you are and any claims or convictions but I am in 50's, good postcode according to insurers and no claims or convictions. £730 for me for 4S with Admiral. Compare the market is good place to start

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
this is the average quote I get. Although, today I got quoted 1600 by admiral which is my best so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions? My car arrives at the end of November, I’m 29 but turning 30 so I’m hoping that will do something haha

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Pick up my Turbo S today. 59 yrs, SP30 3 points, GP wife. Most of the cheaper quotes were around £900-£1000 with tracker and £1750 excess. I decided to go with Novo at £1700 for the first year as it includes GAP, I can use Porsche approved repairers and I get a like for like courtesy car ie a Taycan. I’m not sure I can handle driving around in a courtesy Corsa! They also have a very well known no fault accident recovery service which is highly effective.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
Pick up my Turbo S today. 59 yrs, SP30 3 points, GP wife. Most of the cheaper quotes were around £900-£1000 with tracker and £1750 excess. I decided to go with Novo at £1700 for the first year as it includes GAP, I can use Porsche approved repairers and I get a like for like courtesy car ie a Taycan. I’m not sure I can handle driving around in a courtesy Corsa! They also have a very well known no fault accident recovery service which is highly effective.
I’ve never heard of Novo, do you have a link?