UK waiting list for Taycan 4CT

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (Ordered Nov 21, expect May 23)
Country flag
Placed my order Nov 22 for Taycan 4CT in the UK, spoke with the dealer last month, and I’m 4th on the waiting list. Car just gone up in price £2k for MY23. The dealer is getting one 4CT per month, so should have my 4CT in Oct/Nov.

Since a young boy with posters on the wall of the Porsche in Red and often a beige interior (70s/80s) I have always wanted the Carmine Red with a beige interior…: my wife is ok with the Red exterior but wants the black interior… citing that the light colour interior will spoil..

any comments on the beige interior?
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
If the wife ain't happy, nobody's happy ...

Mud/dirt/snowmelt/crumbs/stains/blue jean dye/etc. show up in chalk and beige interiors much faster than black. Sit in a black interior and consider other comments below from black interior supporters.

Also to consider: how much time your wife will spend in your T4CT if she has her own vehicle.

Black interiors look awesome, but I'm getting beige olea because black seats are too hot for me here in the southwestern desert USA (110 F [43 C] as I'm typing this). Also, our kids are old enough that we're past the messy/slobbery/soccer toddler stage.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
My daily drive has black and I ordered a GTS in chalk. I wanted beige but didn't like the limestone part of the limestone beige.

I digress...

Regardless of black or beige, each will show different gunk. If it's color transfer then the black hides it better. If it's bits of sand from your day on the beach, then beige hides it better.

Oddly enough, I have an easier time keeping beige clean.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Placed my order Nov 22 for Taycan 4CT in the UK, spoke with the dealer last month, and I’m 4th on the waiting list. Car just gone up in price £2k for MY23. The dealer is getting one 4CT per month, so should have my 4CT in Oct/Nov.

Since a young boy with posters on the wall of the Porsche in Red and often a beige interior (70s/80s) I have always wanted the Carmine Red with a beige interior…: my wife is ok with the Red exterior but wants the black interior… citing that the light colour interior will spoil..

any comments on the beige interior?
The poster red was probably Guards Red (a proper non metallic red) which is a classic Porsche colour. Carmine Red is a fairly new edition to the Porsche range launched on GTS models.

Colour choice is very personal. I find Carmine to be best in bright sunny conditions otherwise can be dull. Make sure you view in person if not already and do not rely on photographs as it will appear brighter than it actually is.

Red interior is too much. Black works with panoramic roof to brighten things up.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
It is very 70s/80s
Guards (Dog Knob) Red and Beige.
Like a Rosso/Crema Testarossa.
Very Miami Vice!
(Carmine though is nicer than Dog Knob)

Perhaps some red braces too?

If you want nostalgia then go for it!
To be a bit contemporary have a black interior with maybe some red stitching, belts and red interior trim if you feel that going ‘Full Frank Black’ is too ‘Coal Hole’

I am a bit dull and minimalist.
My GTS interior is Race Tex all black and dark grey. Even the kick plates are black. Inspired by Lego Batman.
I love it. The many screens with the new coloured icons put plenty of colour in my car!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Porsche do nice things with the interior of the Taycan...beige or chalk with black dash top and other areas look great.

You're spending so much money on a car that you've dreamed about for so long (pre-wife!), get what you want. You can always tell her you must have ticked the wrong box in your excitement. Remember, it is always better to ask for forgiveness than permission :D (Unless you're one of my kids. In which case, don't even think about it!).

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
I’d go with crayon leather for Carmine exterior. Makes it lighter, more modern than cream and still better contrast than boring black.

OP
OP
DaddyCool

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just heard from my Porsche dealership in the UK and just learnt that my order date has now moved backwards from this August to next year. This is owing to the allocated numbers to my dealership 🙁 for this year. I put down my deposit November 21.

The good news is that I’m first in the queue when the next allocation is provided towards the end of this year.

For 🦊 sake

OP
OP
DaddyCool

DaddyCool

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Delays & Porsche Sound
And the delays continue. I called in to the dealership in November, to finalise the spec. I've chosen (CT4) Carmine Red and plain black standard interior. Also, i went for the Porsche sound after being convinced that the after order fit out would cost in the region of £1700 owing to exterior speakers being retrofitted. I was expecting the build now in Feb 23 (ordered Nov 21). However whilst completing the order the date moved out to Apr 23 (now 15months)..

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Delays & Porsche Sound
And the delays continue. I called in to the dealership in November, to finalise the spec. I've chosen (CT4) Carmine Red and plain black standard interior. Also, i went for the Porsche sound after being convinced that the after order fit out would cost in the region of £1700 owing to exterior speakers being retrofitted. I was expecting the build now in Feb 23 (ordered Nov 21). However whilst completing the order the date moved out to Apr 23 (now 15months)..
My CT4S was 17 ½ months from deposit to pick up.