UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Ordered my car through company lease scheme June 21. Was originally estimated Dec 21, then was confirmed End of Feb 22. Woke this morning to an email now saying May 22! Absolute joke. If I wasn't so far into waiting I'd cancel.
Sponsored

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
Ordered my car through company lease scheme June 21. Was originally estimated Dec 21, then was confirmed End of Feb 22. Woke this morning to an email now saying May 22! Absolute joke. If I wasn't so far into waiting I'd cancel.
Wow, that stings. Did the lease company or Dealer update you? Did they state any reason such as a particular piece of equipment etc?
Would have hoped that doubling Taycan manufacturing capacity would have helped with lead times but I guess it all depends on which country gets what…
Of course they’ll prioritise China given the margins are much higher there (and demand seems high), so might be why our UK delays are ever extending.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Ordered Turbo in September - just received confirmation for March build and April delivery. But let's see if that materialises!

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
Ordered Turbo S Cross Turismo in June 21, got the nod on a March 22 build last week. Local OPC only have that one build slot for a Turbo S CT apparently, and they had 2 slots for 2021. They advised the same on moving to another build (Turbo, GTC etc) would result in a 12 month ish wait. Glad I stuck it out!!

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow, that stings. Did the lease company or Dealer update you? Did they state any reason such as a particular piece of equipment etc?
Would have hoped that doubling Taycan manufacturing capacity would have helped with lead times but I guess it all depends on which country gets what…
Of course they’ll prioritise China given the margins are much higher there (and demand seems high), so might be why our UK delays are ever extending.
I've had zero comms from the dealer. All through the Lease company. A faceless generic email was the update with no reason. I've kicked off with our fleet manager and raised a complaint with regards to the lease companies communication. Shocking.

targaben

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, GT4, Macan
Country flag
Congrats Ian, look's great. How long was that from order to arrival out of interest?

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Congrats Ian, look's great. How long was that from order to arrival out of interest?
Looks stunning bit jealous whilst still waiting for mine still in compound Germany

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Ordered mid July. I think it would have come a week or 2 ago had it not been for Christmas. It has been sitting in the port in Kent for over a week, then to OPC last Friday. Build completed December 10th

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
Stunning! My order was 13th December (21) so I have a long long wait ahead!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Looks awesome ? I recognise the dealership, had a great journey with them.
Will probably see you around the area at some point!
Where are you based? I bought from them before and they have been very good. Tewkesbury if anyone else is interested. Happy to recommend them

MambaCTUK

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T5, LeonFR, CT4s
Country flag
Where are you based? I bought from them before and they have been very good. Tewkesbury if anyone else is interested. Happy to recommend them
I’m around Bredon Hill, always up for a beer and escape from work/kids to chat cars. Think I’ve only spotted 2 Taycans around here the last few years. Probably won’t miss me if I drive past you ?. Only racked up 500miles since pickup before Xmas.
Porsche Tewkesbury have been great and would recommend too.
Would be great to have a Worcestershire meet-up if anyone else is local-ish. ?

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
I've had zero comms from the dealer. All through the Lease company. A faceless generic email was the update with no reason. I've kicked off with our fleet manager and raised a complaint with regards to the lease companies communication. Shocking.
Cancel your order and wait for the coupe …

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag