UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Had to drop the Boxster GTS into OPC (Calcot) yesterday for the rear suspension mount safety recall and had also arranged a quick chat with my sales advisor. When I asked when would I have to place order for a 4S CT for delivery NO EARLIER than Dec 2022, was told "pretty much today, they are probably now dipping into early 2023". I don't want delivery earlier than Dec 2022 as the Cayenne Hybrid will only be 3 years old then. So placed order for 4S CT yesterday. He knows that although he may get a cancellation and an earlier slot, that unless he "helps financially" (which of course he wont) I'll be holding out until Dec 2022
Sponsored

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Just heard from my dealer - I have a build date of Feb 22 (ordered Mid July) CT 4S

Last edited:

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
September, build in January arriving mid Feb! TTS.

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
ordered March 21 delivered August 21 - a 4S CT

Coooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance (sold), Taycan CT4
Country flag
Taycan Cross Turismo 4 order

OrderedEnd of March 21
Offered build slot6th May (July build slot)
Delayed from a MY21 to MY2217th June (September build slot, predicted end of October delivery)
Delayed from October to NovemberMid October
DeliveredThis week

adamandsheri

First Name
AdamAndSheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My 2022 RWD is now at the dealer, so 16 days after landing in Jax. Ordered around Sep 20. They apparently did some sort of upgrade on all Taycans in Jax over the past few days.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
MY22 CT4S was ordered May 6 and delivered Oct 29. I have this sense I got awfully lucky on timing to be honest. Fortunately my inability to feel guilt in any meaningful way has kicked in to protect me…..

Kevin BM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4-Hybrid (Taycan CT ordered)
Country flag
Spoke to my OPC today. I ordered end of February/beginning of March with a promised June build for my CT. If I am lucky it will arrive in time for Christmas but no one really knows or can tell me anything concrete☹

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I wonder if there is something a bit dodgy going on here with some dealers... I ordered mid July and was told delivery end Nov/early Dec. Current estimate is production finish by 3rd Dec, delivery before Christmas. So it has slipped 2-3 weeks, which is nothing really, especially compared to what some are describing.

A couple of months after ordering, a friend told me he was planning ordering a 911 so I asked my SE what was the lead time for a 911. By then, times had rocketed to Q4 of 2022. The SE told me that other Porsche centres might quote an earlier date but would probably push the date back when the time got closer (presumably as a way of bringing in business based on a false expectation of an earlier delivery date).

So my friend ended up going elsewhere who told him May 2022. He went for a test drive when he was told May/June 2022 and the email he got confirming his deposit stated June/July 2022. So I wonder if he will actually get it any quicker by going elsewhere, or if the date will slip again to Q4 of 2022.

I just wonder if some OPCs are quoting unrealistic early dates to get orders on the books in the full knowledge that the date will move back. But I doubt it would be possible to prove this.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My guess is that, until you get a build lock date, you have no guaranteed build slot. I assume that everything else is an estimate by the individual dealership, with varying degrees of realism and transparency. Hopefully, build slots don't just get allocated to dealers purely in proportion to the number of unfulfilled orders they have on their books, as that would reward unrealistic estimation.

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I ordered in July and collected today - CT4. Was due a month ago but got delayed in production by two weeks and then stuck in Grimsby for a week or so. I managed to get an allocation the sales manager was sitting on after a cancellation. I had a Taycan trade in so that was probably a bonus.

Bonx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330d, Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
Ordered end of June, heard yesterday that my build will be in February. I ordered from a franchised dealer. Judging by the replies on this thread it seems fairly random how long delivery will take. I wonder if Porsche’s own centres have an advantage when it comes to delivery dates.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Ordered end of June, heard yesterday that my build will be in February. I ordered from a franchised dealer. Judging by the replies on this thread it seems fairly random how long delivery will take. I wonder if Porsche’s own centres have an advantage when it comes to delivery dates.
I ordered at the start of June and heard yesterday from the OPC that it is ready for collection. My guess is that Porsche order their manufacturing by profitability of each vehicle. I think my dealer was more surprised than I was when a slot came through relatively quickly.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Ordered 4S 1st July Porsche Preston just confirmed build date 14/12 delivery due 2/3 wks later

fingers crossed

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Interesting what we get told. I haven't been given a build date, but told build will start shortly and complete by 3/12. Here's hoping.

So if I can't get it before Christmas and get offered it between Christmas and New Year, should I wait until January so that it is a 2022 car? Or does that not make any difference?
Sponsored