UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

Bonx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330d, Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
Ordered end of June, heard yesterday that my build will be in February. I ordered from a franchised dealer. Judging by the replies on this thread it seems fairly random how long delivery will take. I wonder if Porsche’s own centres have an advantage when it comes to delivery dates.
Today heard that my build has been bumped up to December so that’s a hopeful sign for all those waiting. Maybe the bottlenecks are beginning to ease.
Sponsored

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Interesting what we get told. I haven't been given a build date, but told build will start shortly and complete by 3/12. Here's hoping.

So if I can't get it before Christmas and get offered it between Christmas and New Year, should I wait until January so that it is a 2022 car? Or does that not make any difference?
Should be 2022 car so need to worry and will be worth the wait to be fair there is nothing like excitement of a new car wish could brand and bottle it

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? F61E40CF-4F80-45F2-88AB-BD8F79DCE6DC

Mine stayed on track so hopefully no delays on delivery. Will be 4 month bang on if it does.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
F61E40CF-4F80-45F2-88AB-BD8F79DCE6DC.png

Mine stayed on track so hopefully no delays on delivery. Will be 4 month bang on if it does.
Looking at that, I won't be getting it until January. Completion date to dealership entry is 1 month and mine doesn't complete until 3rd Dec. So my dealer is probably being a bit optimistic suggesting that I will get if before Christmas. Oh well.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My MY22 Turbo S was meant to have left the factory on 22 October and was due at my OPC on 12 November. As of today, the car is still shown as at the factory. The OPC are now hoping for delivery in December, but have admitted they don’t really know.
Similar situation here. They must be putting exceptional care into the manufacturing of our cars for them to take 6 weeks. Probably just adding a few extra HP, just for us.

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? TTS

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Similar situation here. They must be putting exceptional care into the manufacturing of our cars for them to take 6 weeks. Probably just adding a few extra HP, just for us.

TTS.jpg
Just spoken to Norwich and our dates are aligned, although I've been told not to trust any of them!

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
Ordered my 4S saloon early Sep told Q1/early Q2 2022 delivery, spoke to my SE yesterday, he said that they need to keep spinning up the application every 3 months to keep it live. Has anyone else had this? Strange that they have to keep credit checking every 3 months. Hitting a credit report with a hard search every 3 months doesn’t feel to slick. Unless they do a soft search, anyone know?

ptilley42

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Looking at that, I won't be getting it until January. Completion date to dealership entry is 1 month and mine doesn't complete until 3rd Dec. So my dealer is probably being a bit optimistic suggesting that I will get if before Christmas. Oh well.
Its only in Germany. How can it take so long to deliver to UK. Pity you cannot pick up .

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne hybrid V6 (Taycan on order)
Country flag
Early Sept I couldn’t decide between a loaded RWD or 4S with some goodies.
Salesman convinced me to go for RWD (unless I was going to race away from lights) based on the fact they were opening a new dedicated production line for RWD’s. I did.
I was contacted early Oct saying they should hear about next build slots in November.
Still waiting

Add07

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E-class, Audi Q7
Country flag
Early Sept I couldn’t decide between a loaded RWD or 4S with some goodies.
Salesman convinced me to go for RWD (unless I was going to race away from lights) based on the fact they were opening a new dedicated production line for RWD’s. I did.
I was contacted early Oct saying they should hear about next build slots in November.
Still waiting
I ordered my 4S beginning of April and only got confirmation yesterday it will be ready next week. I think it depends on how many options you’ve added and what exactly. Semi conductor issue seems to be the main problem. Still, I’m told it’s going to be worth the wait … let’s see. Very excited.! Good luck

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered my 4S beginning of April and only got confirmation yesterday it will be ready next week. I think it depends on how many options you’ve added and what exactly. Semi conductor issue seems to be the main problem. Still, I’m told it’s going to be worth the wait … let’s see. Very excited.! Good luck
So you waited nearly 8 months - sounds about par for the course.
Worth the wait I’m sure. Enjoy!

batavia

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F Pace, Smart
Country flag
Ordered a 4S early August and told last week that have been given an allocation and an expected delivery into dealership March 2022 ... we wait in anticipation !!!!

Chaz13

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS5 SB, Soon to be Taycan CT
Country flag
Deposit down 01st Oct For a Standard CT. Looking at least 6 mths
Call from dealer last week , they have a had a cancelled order. Locked straight away. Hopefully delivery early Jan. (Not holding my breathe)
Just ordered Andersen EV charger. Hopefully it turns up before.

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Deposit down 01st Oct For a Standard CT. Looking at least 6 mths
Call from dealer last week , they have a had a cancelled order. Locked straight away. Hopefully delivery early Jan. (Not holding my breathe)
Just ordered Andersen EV charger. Hopefully it turns up before.
I’ve been ordered by the Mrs to order a white charger to match the front of the house! That’s it - doesn’t matter about anything else as long as it’s white?

Bazza

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve been ordered by the Mrs to order a white charger to match the front of the house! That’s it - doesn’t matter about anything else as long as it’s white?
So I’m getting the Hive one
Sponsored