UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
Ordered mid July. I think it would have come a week or 2 ago had it not been for Christmas. It has been sitting in the port in Kent for over a week, then to OPC last Friday. Build completed December 10th
Did you have compromising pictures of their Business Manager? ?

Ordered mine in April, it didn’t start build till the 16th Dec, presently at Emden!

If BIK in changes this will be my only new car order from Porsche. Don’t have the patience for it, 9 months worth of tumbleweed and a sense that the build slot assignment is a privilege not a right.

The BoxsterS I bought on a whim as I passed the showroom still stands as my best buying experience, and that included an engine change! ?
Sponsored

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Did you have compromising pictures of their Business Manager? ?

Ordered mine in April, it didn’t start build till the 16th Dec, presently at Emden!

If BIK in changes this will be my only new car order from Porsche. Don’t have the patience for it, 9 months worth of tumbleweed and a sense that the build slot assignment is a privilege not a right.

The BoxsterS I bought on a whim as I passed the showroom still stands as my best buying experience, and that included an engine change! ?
No compromising pictures of their business manager! I am a returning customer having bought a Macan from them 5 years ago. And although I have bought through my company I count as a personal customer. They said that as a returning customer I got prioritised over corporate purchasers (salary sacrifice companies mostly). The SE showed me the spreadsheet and there were a lot of company purchases so I think I jumped the queue past them. I don't think I was prioritised over any individuals buying cars for themselves.

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
No compromising pictures of their business manager! I am a returning customer having bought a Macan from them 5 years ago. And although I have bought through my company I count as a personal customer. They said that as a returning customer I got prioritised over corporate purchasers (salary sacrifice companies mostly). The SE showed me the spreadsheet and there were a lot of company purchases so I think I jumped the queue past them. I don't think I was prioritised over any individuals buying cars for themselves.
That seems to be the logic being applied by dealers, but I believe it’s to do with warranty and service revenues non corporate customers deliver to the dealers they order from. My supplying dealership won’t see me till I pick up the next one! My company scheme is delivering Taycans like a belt fed mortar all from one Dealer at present and that conveyer belt will keep going, maybe they don’t want the trade!

I’d been going to my local dealer for service for 18 years. It’s was like I’d shot a puppy in front of them when I said I was getting the Taycan via SS.

Last edited:

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
I ran the figures, I’m saving circa £20k over 4 years using SS over personal lease. I’ll take the delivery delay, moan about it, but ultimately be over the moon to be in a new Porsche By the year end…. I hope

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I ran the figures, I’m saving circa £20k over 4 years using SS over personal lease. I’ll take the delivery delay, moan about it, but ultimately be over the moon to be in a new Porsche By the year end…. I hope
I hope your SS doesn’t cost you dear through pension taxation one way or another. It would not be viable for me but I have a fairly specific problem with that

Noody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I hope your SS doesn’t cost you dear through pension taxation one way or another. It would not be viable for me but I have a fairly specific problem with that
How would that occur?

SS doesn’t have any impact on Pension relief that I can think of, certainly in my company Pension contributions are paid via SS as well.

Depending on your tax bracket there’s some staggeringly good results if you can use SS to take your taxable income back through the loss of personal allowance band.

Covid had been a pay bloodbath in my industry but the net changes elsewhere meant SS a car was the deal of the century!

If I’ve missed a pension trap I’d be grateful to hear it. ??

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Valid point, but no it has zero impact on my pension as my pension is based on fixed reference pay, not gross earnings.

but thanks for pointing it out.

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How would that occur?

SS doesn’t have any impact on Pension relief that I can think of, certainly in my company Pension contributions are paid via SS as well.

Depending on your tax bracket there’s some staggeringly good results if you can use SS to take your taxable income back through the loss of personal allowance band.

Covid had been a pay bloodbath in my industry but the net changes elsewhere meant SS a car was the deal of the century!

If I’ve missed a pension trap I’d be grateful to hear it. ??
I think we might be in the same industry ?

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Has everybody now received a MY21 that was built in July 21?

Any idea why this infamous batch of cars are still not delivered?

Background: Started the process in late March 2021 for Taycan Turbo, allocation complete and freeze date in June.
July 27th build date (full deposit paid) ready for the summer and early Aug collection;
1st delay: Aug 15th
2nd delay: Sept 5th
3rd delay: Oct 16th
4th delay: Nov 26th

5th delay: Before 24th Dec…

This car is still waiting at the port since 17th Dec, although I’m not sure if this information is valid. I’ve now decided to push out collection until March, no point in taking a 71 for a handful of weeks (thoughts on that?)

Is there another issue with these cars that Porsche are keeping under wraps?

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Has everybody now received a MY21 that was built in July 21?
This is a good question, I'm not sure I've seen anybody confirm they've received a July build MY21. I'm waiting for a July build MY21 and like you, I was told that my car was at the port on 17th December and I'm still waiting, as detailed in the Delivery Delays thread.

What makes you think this information isn't valid? Dealer giving you incorrect information or Porsche systems incorrect so the dealer thinks it's at the port when it's not?

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What makes you think this information isn't valid? Dealer giving you incorrect information or Porsche systems incorrect so the dealer thinks it's at the port when it's not?
[/QUOTE]

More so the Porsche System, I think the Dealers are also blind and struggling with information flow.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is a good question, I'm not sure I've seen anybody confirm they've received a July build MY21. I'm waiting for a July build MY21 and like you, I was told that my car was at the port on 17th December and I'm still waiting, as detailed in the Delivery Delays thread.

Mine was a July 2021 build. I had posted about it earlier in this thread.

Here was the email from the dealer on 14th July:

Your new car latest progress is:
Taycan Ian xxxxxx
Vehicle in Production Date due from Factory 14.07.2021
Date due to centre 13.08.2021
Neil xxxxx x

I actually picked it up on 9th August.

So mine was built early July and the floods hit Germany about 13th/14th July. The day mine left the factory.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....y-five-still-missing-hope-further-rescue-fade

Coincidence that later builds turned into the Mary Celeste ghost cars?

Last edited:

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Mine was a July 2021 build. I had posted about it earlier in this thread.

Here was the email from the dealer on 14th July:

Your new car latest progress is:
Taycan Ian xxxxxx
Vehicle in Production Date due from Factory 14.07.2021
Date due to centre 13.08.2021
Neil xxxxx x

I actually picked it up on 9th August.

So mine was built early July and the floods hit Germany about 13th/14th July. The day mine left the factory.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....y-five-still-missing-hope-further-rescue-fade

Coincidence that later builds turned into the Mary Celeste ghost cars?
Ah, right. I know you'd mentioned the floods previously as a reason for the 'ghost cars' but hadn't picked up that yours was a July build

I like that you're so friendly with your dealer that he puts kisses at the end of emails he sends you ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Ah, right. I know you'd mentioned the floods previously as a reason for the 'ghost cars' but hadn't picked up that yours was a July build

I like that you're so friendly with your dealer that he puts kisses at the end of emails he sends you ?
You need to get on good terms to get a Taycan nowadays. Candlelit meal for 2 sealed the deal with the salesperson.
I would have preferred a woman, but you have to play the hand you're dealt. ?
Sponsored