UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
It’ll be worth the wait! My 4S+ was a COVID baby.

For some wait perspective: Waitlist July, 2018. Ordered October 26, 2019. First “Vehicle Fixed” November, 2019 with dealer inventory February 7, 2020. Then Fixed moved by factory to January 2020, inventory April 24, 2020. Then Fixed moved by factory to March 27, 2020, inventory July 3, 2020. Arrived dealer inventory July 28, 2020, picked up August 1, 2020.

She spent a very long COVID spring in the Zuffenhausen paint shop. Paint and car was delivered perfect, with no issues in near 13,000 miles of terrific drives.

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? 014179D5-E31B-405D-AFD8-F3AD2CBB2DFD
Sponsored

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Was told by my OPC this morning that Porsche have cancelled up to 300 build slots. They told me that mine was delayed by 2 weeks but not cancelled so hopefully will get it late July. It sounds as if the tracking system that the OPC's use is a nightmare at the moment with orders disappearing or being delayed all over the place
Same, said 300 orders cancelled( mine delayed by two weeks, late July early august delivery .

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
Update: I’ve just been told by dealer that my car didn’t go into production last week (that was already the 2nd delay). No firm build date, so I’m going to be waiting for some time it seems!

I’m sure it will be worth the wait. ?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: B61

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Re my 4S CT, originally scheduled for 11th June delivery...

Glimmer of hope... My OPC has been told to check my build by early next week as the outstanding components are expected imminently.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine had originally been put back about a month to arrive at OPC 23rd July.

Updated today to be deferred another 1-2 weeks.

PCAR-KAISER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I just had “the conversation”, essentially my allocation which was due to lock 1/7 and complete 30/7 was cancelled, so I am currently without an allocation.

On top of this the cars which are being built in July aren’t being delivered until early October, I was previously quoted late August.

Best case scenario, I get a late July/early August allocation and car delivered late October/early November.

A lot of difficult phone calls being placed from Porsche Centres atm!

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I booked my slot (ct4) the day they announced the CT was for sale in the UK. Current status (as of last night...) is spec locked as of tomorrow and production complete by 23rd July....let's see how this moves...

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My CT is moving at last! It entered the body shop on 25th June and is expected to go into assembly on 9th July. All being well it is scheduled to exit Grimsby on 30th July.

So overall it looks like around a two month delay from my original 11th June delivery date.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Update: I’ve just been told by dealer that my car didn’t go into production last week (that was already the 2nd delay). No firm build date, so I’m going to be waiting for some time it seems!

I’m sure it will be worth the wait. ?
Same here (2nd delay).
New delivery date: end of July.

Kevin BM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4-Hybrid (Taycan CT ordered)
Country flag
I booked my slot (ct4) the day they announced the CT was for sale in the UK. Current status (as of last night...) is spec locked as of tomorrow and production complete by 23rd July....let's see how this moves...
Mine was spec locked before the end of May for a June build before being told two weeks ago that it had been delayed. Asked the OPC for an update last Friday - so far deafened by the silence ?

Kevin BM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4-Hybrid (Taycan CT ordered)
Country flag
Just heard that my CT will start build on 7th July so fingers crossed

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
update for my dealer -
"I’m afraid the semi conductor/micro processor shortages have been affecting all of our models and build dates once I’ve been away – we’ve had some Taycan Cross Turismos with July production dates been re-allocated for September production!

On the positive side your car has not been one of these and whilst I had hoped it would finish production whilst I was away it has now slipped only slightly to a factory completion date of 9th July.

We are not ‘counting our chickens’ on any customer builds until they have actually left the factory but it certainly looks at this stage that your order has avoided the big delays we now seem to be experiencing

Richard thank you for your patience and I will update you as and when"

Dal65

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo
Country flag
Just had dealer email my CT4S due off the line 12/7/21 (fingers crossed)

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just heard my CT4S has completed production in Stuttgart and has begun its journey to its new loving home in Yorkshire. It'll be 'a couple of weeks or so' before it arrives at the dealership so still a few more sleeps to go.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61