UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
Just heard my CT4S has completed production in Stuttgart and has begun its journey to its new loving home in Yorkshire. It'll be 'a couple of weeks or so' before it arrives at the dealership so still a few more sleeps to go.
Excellent News.
sadly ive been told my lockdown is delayed until September and should expect the car November time.

Yorkshirepuds.. would love to see the car pictures when you get it.
Sponsored

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
Ordered mid April for delivery end of July.
Delayed to the end of August originally.
Had a call this morning to say it had entered 'pre production'

On track for the end of August +/- one week

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
GOOD NEWS - my 4S CT http://www.porsche-code.com/PMDVBM22 is built ready for shipping should be with dealer w/c 19th July looking to collect end of that week or earlier following !! COULD BE MISSING SOME MINOR BITS as they are shipping for the suppling dealer to complete when parts become available !!!!

Reactions: B61
OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
My RWD (ordered end of March) finally entered production a week ago - yes!

in the meantime I have use of a Taycan 4S from our dealer whilst our other car is having work done ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My RWD (ordered end of March) finally entered production a week ago - yes!

in the meantime I have use of a Taycan 4S from our dealer whilst our other car is having work done ?
My RWD was also ordered March and went into production last week.
Current eta at dealer is 08/08.

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
RWD order locked 21st April, left Germany 2 weeks ago, collection from West London due for the end of this week

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
After chasing the dealer this morning, my car should be arriving this week. I placed the order through salary sacrifice back in May 2020, I was starting to think it would never actually arrive. However, EV Charger Point is being installed this week (I went for a 22kW Zappi, to work with the Solar Panels and I am lucky enough to have 3 phase installed in the house that I moved to in Feb this year). My previous leased car went back a few months ago so I now have the pleasure of my sons learner, a Vauxhall Adam, it was fun at first but the novelty of gear changes & re-learning how to keep your speed when you have next no power, is wearing off. So i have let the excitement start to creep in :)

IainSmith

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo with PP, ordered Taycan CT 4s
Country flag
After chasing the dealer this morning, my car should be arriving this week. I placed the order through salary sacrifice back in May 2020, I was starting to think it would never actually arrive. However, EV Charger Point is being installed this week (I went for a 22kW Zappi, to work with the Solar Panels and I am lucky enough to have 3 phase installed in the house that I moved to in Feb this year). My previous leased car went back a few months ago so I now have the pleasure of my sons learner, a Vauxhall Adam, it was fun at first but the novelty of gear changes & re-learning how to keep your speed when you have next no power, is wearing off. So i have let the excitement start to creep in :)
Which dealership are you using Ian?

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
Hi Iain, it is with Dick Lovett. You don’t get to choose a dealership with the salary sacrifice scheme, it is just who they use.

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
UPDATE on my 4S CT - pushed back a further week:confused:

It looks like your new car will now be shipping across to the UK during the course of next week now (I was hoping during the course of this week).Allowing for customs clearance, delivery to ourselves and careful vehicle preparation I think a more realistic collection timescale will be 29th or 30th of this month. I will update again once ‘the eagle has landed’

Silverback

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Model 3 Perf.
Country flag
UPDATE on my 4S CT - pushed back a further week:confused:

It looks like your new car will now be shipping across to the UK during the course of next week now (I was hoping during the course of this week).Allowing for customs clearance, delivery to ourselves and careful vehicle preparation I think a more realistic collection timescale will be 29th or 30th of this month. I will update again once ‘the eagle has landed’
Sorry to hear that Richard, another week does seem like a lifetime. Are you picking it up from the dealer yourself or taking delivery? I have to wait for delivery so not sure when that will be, if it is going to delay I will be getting on a train to go and collect it (140miles). At least I would have the journey home to look forward to. Fingers crossed it gets shipped next week for you without any issue.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My RWD has been pushed back another week for delivery. I think it's about 6 weeks behind from when I initially ordered it.

It was out of the factory on 14/07 but 'computer generated eta at centre' now 13/08 - but its possible this may be advanced.

I assume this is all to do with the shipping and delivery once in the UK?
Sponsored