UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think mine is o the 'Main Highway' ship which is due to dock in Grimsby at 8am today.
Left Emden couple of days ago.

ETA at OPC is 10th August.
Sponsored

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Same for me - paid deposit 1st week of June - not heard a sausage
update - The dealer called yesterday. I have a manufacturing slot in October. The order locks in a week. No more endless tweaking of the configurator anymore...

Chubbs85240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery
Country flag
Hi Chubbs85240, mine was through Arval. I am not sure of the delays however the most sensible suggestion was that buying direct got you the better slot and the salary sacrifice companies were way down the line in priorities.
Fingers crossed you don’t have any further delays. The silver lining I suppose is that I have not had the cat sat on the drive during lockdown.
Thanks for replying. I have been told it’s in production (although this is not the first time) and that it should be ready for delivery mid August. But not holding my breath.

You are right of course, for a lot of those months I’d have sat and looked at it, I sold my Range Rover in October, only now starting to need a car again, so saved a small fortune I suppose!!

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also got my build slot allocated this week for my CT 4s. prod starts October with late November delivery
Congratulations, You ordered 2 months before me (9th of June for me), I'm then expecting delivery by Jan 2022 or so.
Thanks for the update.

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
November 2020 paid deposit on Taycan Saloon, then changed to CT on 10th March 2021.
July Build
Expecting delivery 2nd week September.

Jeeves

First Name
Yunus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My RWD was also ordered March and went into production last week.
Current eta at dealer is 08/08.
My RWD was order last week of March, locked 1st week of July, was told delivery mid Aug and now moved to mid-end Sept.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Deposit placed July 13th. Spec updated last night by email to dealer. Phone call this morning to say it must be fate… they have just got their allocations and I can have a November build slot for late November/ early December collection. Updated paperwork mentions global chip shortage and therefore no guarantees on date. Fingers crossed! ?

pmanson

First Name
Phill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S (on order)
Country flag
Order placed in April.
Call today to say the car has finished production and is heading for the boat.

Due in the uk around the 20th August

MambaCTUK

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T5, LeonFR, CT4s
Country flag
Evening chaps,

Newbie to the forum, long time lurker over the past 5 months.

Finally time to say hello, maybe a Sheepish one mind after reading some posts here..

Paid my deposit early June. Had a frantic past weekend as a build slot came up due to a cancellation
I’ve got a September build and October delivery.
Was a relief to see the configurator one last time, every previous visit added £££.

So might appear I’ve been very lucky although plenty of time for delays to crop up.
Looking forward to chatting with you all and will post an intro soon.

My first Porsche ?

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Evening chaps,

Newbie to the forum, long time lurker over the past 5 months.

Finally time to say hello, maybe a Sheepish one mind after reading some posts here..

Paid my deposit early June. Had a frantic past weekend as a build slot came up due to a cancellation
I’ve got a September build and October delivery.
Was a relief to see the configurator one last time, every previous visit added £££.

So might appear I’ve been very lucky although plenty of time for delays to crop up.
Looking forward to chatting with you all and will post an intro soon.

My first Porsche ?
Same thing happened to me. I ordered in early June., then suddenly a mad scramble to finalise the spec. It reminded me of the time I was having a massage in an airport lounge and heard my name over the tannoy. The flight which was supposedly very late had made up time. An embarrassing walk of shame down the aisle followed :-(

Add07

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E-class, Audi Q7
Country flag
I ordered my RWD 18/3, but changed colour on 31/3. Original delivery was set for the end of this month, but the car hasn’t been built yet!

For those of you waiting for your car, or have had it recently delivered, when did you place your order?

I did go a bit crazy with £25k of options, so maybe my car is banking all the semiconductor chips!

I’m getting impatient?
Sorry to hear fella. I ordered a 4S April 9th and haven’t even been handed a build date. The feedback from Porsche has been pretty poor in terms of customer service - just get told Q4 at best…

good luck…

OP
OP
IBZman

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
Sorry to hear fella. I ordered a 4S April 9th and haven’t even been handed a build date. The feedback from Porsche has been pretty poor in terms of customer service - just get told Q4 at best…

good luck…
It’s arrived (see a few posts up)!

Hope you get some news soon.

Buzz

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
I ordered my Turbo CT on the 6th March - original delivery date early June - now looking like late September - can't wait
Sponsored