UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Update on my order. It has sat on the floor at the factory not moving since the beginning of August. OPC hopes it will move during September - I’m filled with confidence (not) ?
That's what I got told too...though I'm inclined to replace "factory" with "field"...I can't believe the factory has that much room for unfinished cars
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Is the air suspension/flood the issue for the hold ups - as well as the infamous chip shortage?

gpeel

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I order with dealer a 4s on 13/11/2020. Original told delivery May. It’s been a very painful and long 10 months. It sat in the factory for a while and then on the dock for several weeks. Delivery now pencilled in for 10/09 and we have a 2 week road trip booked the next day. Very very excited, almost don’t believe I’m going to get the car!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Congrats, enjoy…and keep the (only) key safe :clap: :clap:

365DAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 992 C4S
Country flag
Wife’s 4S CT arrived early August but had sent way for PPF treatment (satin finish which I love on the Crayon exteriors) and collected on 1st Sep.

Same as the thread above, only one key but 2 key blades and another will get sent out soon. The other issue is that car has been with a manual steering wheel adjustment but will be recalled to be fitted with electronic column due to the chip shortages! I’ve also been told that Macan orders with electric seat options are being sent with manual then recalled when they’re available which seems like a crazy way to go about things but I suppose it allows the cars to be shipped out.

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? CC5CF6F4-2A1B-4042-BA0E-88622393E4BB

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? 60141269-D4F9-4A57-80E1-16575652C5C1

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? AC9CDD54-1FE8-41C5-B927-9876E5BB4D52

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? D416E25E-9D28-4349-BE5F-872F6B7F6182

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? E60A4CE7-9E59-4748-B098-01B91F962874

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? 111F1590-B365-42EB-A6CF-48F626AAECA9

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? DC0E8231-278A-4643-94BC-6FF586A8AB39

Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? 4108233A-632A-4354-8F24-9F94D74DF86E

365DAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 992 C4S
Country flag
Wife’s 4S CT arrived early August but had sent way for PPF treatment (satin finish which I love on the Crayon exteriors) and collected on 1st Sep.

Same as the thread above, only one key but 2 key blades and another will get sent out soon. The other issue is that car has been with a manual steering wheel adjustment but will be recalled to be fitted with electronic column due to the chip shortages! I’ve also been told that Macan orders with electric seat options are being sent with manual then recalled when they’re available which seems like a crazy way to go about things but I suppose it allows the cars to be shipped out.

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Order placed on the 9th of June 2021.
Freeze Point date 4th November.
Factory Build date 30th November.
maybe arriving in the UK by end of Dec 2021

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
The car Looks Stunning.
I orderd a crayon also and can't wait to get mine.

If you don't mind me asking, Where did you get the PPF from and how much did it cost?

365DAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 992 C4S
Country flag
The car Looks Stunning.
I orderd a crayon also and can't wait to get mine.

If you don't mind me asking, Where did you get the PPF from and how much did it cost?
I got a company called Reep Midlands to carry out the job as they’ve done a few cars for us in the past. I can’t say for certain how much it cost as they did 3 cars for us at the same time so difficult to know what each costs. However, on my wife’s last Taycan Saloon, we didn’t want to change the finish so went gloss PPF on the front end and what they call a track pack long the sides and then the rest was ceramic coated and think that cost us £2k. Whilst the costs are not low, I do know that Porsche centres value Taycan’s being PPF’d as they’ve seen a load Coke with chips at the front so it’s something worth considering.

If you’re interested in options then happy to do an intro for you.

Reactions: da2

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got a company called Reep Midlands to carry out the job as they’ve done a few cars for us in the past. I can’t say for certain how much it cost as they did 3 cars for us at the same time so difficult to know what each costs. However, on my wife’s last Taycan Saloon, we didn’t want to change the finish so went gloss PPF on the front end and what they call a track pack long the sides and then the rest was ceramic coated and think that cost us £2k. Whilst the costs are not low, I do know that Porsche centres value Taycan’s being PPF’d as they’ve seen a load Coke with chips at the front so it’s something worth considering.

If you’re interested in options then happy to do an intro for you.
Thanks very much for the information.
I was expecting something in the range of £2k but I'm still considering it anyways.
I still have like 4 months before I meet my Taycan so will use the time to shop around a little.

Thanks again, very kind of you.

MJDCT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
My order was meant to arrive 26/11 but has already slipped 10/12. Lets see if a 2 week slip can be held :)

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Not from UK but france... placed an order this week and production scheduled in november (says my dealer). Does not make much sense given the delays.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Not from UK but france... placed an order this week and production scheduled in november (says my dealer). Does not make much sense given the delays.
IMO, it makes sense.
I think that they are going to complete production as much as possible since it's less expensive to ship completed vehicles instead to organize some "postproduction" installments in ports, at dealers, etc...
On the other hand, my dealer told me that if one would place an order today, delivery date would be Q2 next year.... therefore, it looks that depends on market and other....