UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 20.29.56

Dropped back 2 weeks and then forward a week, so only a week behind approx!
It's actually finished now, dealer expects it will be supplied with 1 key only but other than that should be complete.

Hopefully end of sept start of Oct now...
Sponsored

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 20.29.56.png

It's actually finished now, dealer expects it will be supplied with 1 key only but other than that should be complete.

Where is this screen snap from? Do we have access to such in the UK?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Screenshot 2021-09-12 at 20.29.56.png

Has your dealer confirmed that the progress report is now 100% accurate or is it still somewhat fictional ?

Away4good

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has your dealer confirmed that the progress report is now 100% accurate or is it still somewhat fictional ?
Production of my car will not start until the 3rd of Nov. I understand from your post that there will be a periodical progress report to start by or before the production?

for now, all I got from my dealer is a short email confirming my freeze point and factory build date.

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Ali - as far as I know, UK buyers don't have the same facility as US buyers with their online TYD reports. Therefore, we are totally reliant on what the dealers tell us. I have only seen my progress report once 6/7 weeks ago when the dealer sent it to me (in desperation I assume) when 2 weeks after telling me the car was built and on its way to the UK, he had to backtrack and tell me it was still in Zuff (or more likely a field in Zuff). Still no sign of my car - deposit paid in Dec 2020, dealer allocation in March, build May, delivery June ..................................

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
Ali - as far as I know, UK buyers don't have the same facility as US buyers with their online TYD reports. Therefore, we are totally reliant on what the dealers tell us. I have only seen my progress report once 6/7 weeks ago when the dealer sent it to me (in desperation I assume) when 2 weeks after telling me the car was built and on its way to the UK, he had to backtrack and tell me it was still in Zuff (or more likely a field in Zuff). Still no sign of my car - deposit paid in Dec 2020, dealer allocation in March, build May, delivery June ..................................
You have waited hugely longer than I have. I wonder if Porsche are prioritising manufacturing via gross margin in £ terms. For example sports seats were a free option in the TT I ordered. I went for comfort seats though so this must represent a higher margin for Porsche so maybe they make those cars first?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
You have waited hugely longer than I have. I wonder if Porsche are prioritising manufacturing via gross margin in £ terms. For example sports seats were a free option in the TT I ordered. I went for comfort seats though so this must represent a higher margin for Porsche so maybe they make those cars first?
It would be great to know how their systems work - I put c£10k of options on mine, but c£6k of this was the performance battery & pano roof. All very frustrating especially as I handed back my 6 Series in early July (on the basis that I was assured that my 4S would be getting delivered in July) and so am totally reliant on borrowing my wife's car. Thinking of ordering Santa's sleigh instead as that will probably be here sooner ........................

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Yes he confirmed build is finished.
I've just chased my dealer and he advises me that the tracker shows that the car has arrived in Grimsby and that they will receive it "within a few days". The 9 month wait might finally be over !!!!

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Ordered 15th Feb, just had a call telling me the car will be delivered to me next Monday.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
IMO, it makes sense.
I think that they are going to complete production as much as possible since it's less expensive to ship completed vehicles instead to organize some "postproduction" installments in ports, at dealers, etc...
On the other hand, my dealer told me that if one would place an order today, delivery date would be Q2 next year.... therefore, it looks that depends on market and other....
I ordered Aug and dealer told me last week that it would be Q2 2022 for a build date- he would be in touch in March (prob) with further news.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I ordered Aug and dealer told me last week that it would be Q2 2022 for a build date- he would be in touch in March (prob) with further news.
Same here.
new orders are scheduled delivery for Q2,

Last edited:

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
I've just chased my dealer and he advises me that the tracker shows that the car has arrived in Grimsby and that they will receive it "within a few days". The 9 month wait might finally be over !!!!
Great news, let us all know if it's to spec, hopefully it will be...
What spec/options did you go for??