UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

ChrisM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4S, Polestar 2
Country flag
Great news, let us all know if it's to spec, hopefully it will be...
What spec/options did you go for??
I asked the dealer what was missing and he said just the spare key, so fingers crossed that is correct - other than perf battery plus and pano, I added things like folding mirrors, sound, power steering plus, electric port covers, ambient lighting, park assist with SV - all told was about £10k (promised my wife I wouldn't add more than £10k). I didn't change the seats & uphols (regret ?) & alloys (I'm sat in the car so can't see them !). I am definitely regretting not getting the sports chrono though.
I've gone with Gentian Blue with the black/chalk interior (as don't really like dark interiors, although the pano might have allowed me to go with just black ?).
Will probably pick it up from the dealer in Scotland so got a mini-road trip back to the Peak District with it - might put 600/700 miles on it in the 1st couple of days and so will both start getting me used to the car and EV charging. Just hope no last minute snags as 20th Sept will be exactly 9 months since I paid my deposit.
Sponsored

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
A dealer in Paris told me pano roof adds an extra 4 weeks delay

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
Just had my update on my CT4 - car is now complete and is at Emden awaiting departure to UK. I've subsequently asked what parts are missing, if any....

I'm still curbing my excitement.....:CWL:

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Just had my update on my CT4 - car is now complete and is at Emden awaiting departure to UK. I've subsequently asked what parts are missing, if any....

I'm still curbing my excitement.....:CWL:
I'm in Wiltshire too, maybe ours are leaving together?
Dealer told me that I'm likely going to get just one key.
Did you get a date it will arrive to the dealer?

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I'm in Wiltshire too, maybe ours are leaving together?
Dealer told me that I'm likely going to get just one key.
Did you get a date it will arrive to the dealer?
Swindon dealer?
Yes, one key and manual steering column

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Swindon dealer?
Yes, one key and manual steering column
Bournemouth for me.
I specifically asked about the steering column as I've seen others arrive without, so will be interesting to see if it has one, not the end of the world but a bit inconvenient to take back to get done if required.

John R

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Hybrid
Country flag
Hi
I ordered a CT 4s in early June with no confirmed date for delivery. At the time, the dealership said probably around Xmas for delivery but yesterday they revised the date to mid 2022 and said an order placed now will have a 2 year wait for delivery!!! Interesting, they said that I may be able to reduce delivery times by revising my order to a 4s Turbo as these were not so popular, but with a similar option list it would be an additional 20k. Very hard to justify for slightly better performance. They are supposed to get back to me to offer me the delivery deal, I await their response!

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
Hi
I ordered a CT 4s in early June with no confirmed date for delivery. At the time, the dealership said probably around Xmas for delivery but yesterday they revised the date to mid 2022 and said an order placed now will have a 2 year wait for delivery!!! Interesting, they said that I may be able to reduce delivery times by revising my order to a 4s Turbo as these were not so popular, but with a similar option list it would be an additional 20k. Very hard to justify for slightly better performance. They are supposed to get back to me to offer me the delivery deal, I await their response!
those delays don’t make much sense.
i placed an order for a MY22 a week and a half ago and production is scheduled to be completed early November according to my dealer.

Levee

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Hi, ordered a saloon 4S back in April - dealer (Hatfield) has always said delivery in November/December, got my allocation in August so see what happens I suppose!

Reactions: da2

John R

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Hybrid
Country flag
those delays don’t make much sense.
i placed an order for a MY22 a week and a half ago and production is scheduled to be completed early November according to my dealer.
Hi
Is your order for a CT 4s? Do you have an allocation slot and have locked the spec because if so I need to change my dealer to yours.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Ordered end of Feb delivered yesterday. 1 key apart from that everything present and correct.
So happy to get out of the Tesla at last, they really are chalk and cheese.
Porsche Taycan UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive? Car (2)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Ordered end of Feb delivered yesterday. 1 key apart from that everything present and correct.
Car (2).jpg
Looks lovely in this light.
I have chosen this colour too and am now considering painted wheels...

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Ordered CT4S early May. Delivery expected late October (with healthy dose of apprehension as to the likelihood of that being accurate).
Despite being told of a slip to December (and possibly later) I’ve been told this morning that the build locked down on 2 September and should be with the dealer sometime late October to early November. I wouldn’t have known, however, had I not contacted them to discuss some spec changes! Fingers crossed this date will hold.

Gentleman Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ride-on Honda Mower
Country flag
Car (2).jpg
It's a brave choice, but spectacular.
I really love this colour, have you opted for Neodyme trim inside too?

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
It's a brave choice, but spectacular.
I really love this colour, have you opted for Neodyme trim inside too?
Yes, i think Neodyme really lifts a black interior for little money. I should have stuck with my original choice of Bordeaux interior but bottled it, next time I will keep my brave pants on…..
Sponsored