UK: When did you order and when did (or will) your car arrive?

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Ordered end of Feb delivered yesterday. 1 key apart from that everything present and correct.
So happy to get out of the Tesla at last, they really are chalk and cheese.
Car (2).jpg
Looks fantastic, also going with Mamba Green but not brave enough to get the gold wheels! Stuck with my Tesla for at least the next 6 months but cannot wait to get rid of it.

Controversially I have also been keeping an eye on the new BMW i4 M50, looking forward to seeing reviews on the handling. Style wise it does not hold a candle to the Taycan but does obliterate the Tesla. Performance wise it’s up there with the 4S, at least 20k cheaper, seems to have better tech (HUD with CarPlay integration/Digital Key) and will most likely have one pedal driving…which I know I’ll miss.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Looks fantastic, also going with Mamba Green but not brave enough to get the gold wheels! Stuck with my Tesla for at least the next 6 months but cannot wait to get rid of it.

Controversially I have also been keeping an eye on the new BMW i4 M50, looking forward to seeing reviews on the handling. Style wise it does not hold a candle to the Taycan but does obliterate the Tesla. Performance wise it’s up there with the 4S, at least 20k cheaper, seems to have better tech (HUD with CarPlay integration/Digital Key) and will most likely have one pedal driving…which I know I’ll miss.
I have had various Tesla models over the past 6 years and this car obliterates all of them. I thought I would miss the one pedal driving but the way this car glides along is utterly amazing, completely different and got to say I prefer it. The PCM is rubbish but I am utterly sold on the rest of it and now feel sorry for every Tesla driver I pass, they have no idea what they are missing.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Yes, i think Neodyme really lifts a black interior for little money. I should have stuck with my original choice of Bordeaux interior but bottled it, next time I will keep my brave pants on…..
Ah,

I came up short on the bottle front too. I went for Mamba and I ended up going Vesuvius on the wheels. Now I’ve seen your wheels I’m kicking myself I didn’t go for Aurum. Spec is locked now so I’m committed. I went for old man beige on the interior too - had the same original choice of red. Not proud of myself…. ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
ordered end of April in Dublin, entry into factory compound has moved 3 times from an original date of the 23rd August and now stands at 1st Oct....beginning to wonder if I'll see the car this year, or would it be better to wait now for a Jan 2022 plate....

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Ah,

I came up short on the bottle front too. I went for Mamba and I ended up going Vesuvius on the wheels. Now I’ve seen your wheels I’m kicking myself I didn’t go for Aurum. Spec is locked now so I’m committed. I went for old man beige on the interior too - had the same original choice of red. Not proud of myself…. ?
Don't be hard on yourself, I quite fancied the red interior, though I would have preferred more red and less black, but when I showed it to my wife she said "it looks like descending into hell" so I decided it was smart not to choose it...
I have chosen the beige too for a lighter airier interior (it is the only choice with a pale back to the front seats) but still fancy Blackberry and Truffle for their magnificent non-blackness.
Green is my favourite colour though so Mamba was an obvious choice.
I do not like red cars but found the cherry colour lovely though!

Reactions: B61

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't be hard on yourself, I quite fancied the red interior, though I would have preferred more red and less black, but when I showed it to my wife she said "it looks like descending into hell" so I decided it was smart not to choose it...
I have chosen the beige too for a lighter airier interior (it is the only choice with a pale back to the front seats) but still fancy Blackberry and Truffle for their magnificent non-blackness.
Green is my favourite colour though so Mamba was an obvious choice.
I do not like red cars but found the cherry colour lovely though!
Thanks Frank,

In a way I’m relieved that the spec has finally locked in as I could lose whole days on the configurator trying to fine-tune the specification. As this involved a lease company, the three-handed conversations were slow and excruciating anytime I wanted to do this. I so nearly went for Cherry Red, funnily enough, but the launch video of the CT swung the mamba green for me. My wife was less complimentary about the Bordeaux interior - allusions to brothels were conjured. I liked the beige for exactly the same reasons as I think it lightens a fairly compact interior and the black seat backs are quite imposing on the other combinations (I accept, of course, it’s a personal choice). Either way, I now join the long queue of people anxiously watching and waiting for the build to happen.

By the way, if you are who I think you are from your posts about your previous life, I tip my hat to you, an incredible career!

MrB

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
I've confirmed my spec today too, I have, to excuse the phrase, gone balls deep - Frozen Blue with Crayon interior. Hopefully won't live to regret that. Might wake up in a sweat tonight and change it!

My first spec was also Mamba but I saw the frozen blue demo they had and that was that once I'd found my bottle.

Hopefully as you say the delays won't get any worse, my sales guy is saying the predicted delivery date is holding firm at the end of November.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Frank,

In a way I’m relieved that the spec has finally locked in as I could lose whole days on the configurator trying to fine-tune the specification. As this involved a lease company, the three-handed conversations were slow and excruciating anytime I wanted to do this. I so nearly went for Cherry Red, funnily enough, but the launch video of the CT swung the mamba green for me. My wife was less complimentary about the Bordeaux interior - allusions to brothels were conjured. I liked the beige for exactly the same reasons as I think it lightens a fairly compact interior and the black seat backs are quite imposing on the other combinations (I accept, of course, it’s a personal choice). Either way, I now join the long queue of people anxiously watching and waiting for the build to happen.

By the way, if you are who I think you are from your posts about your previous life, I tip my hat to you, an incredible career!

MrB
Thanks.
I also have spent untold time on the configurator - retired with too much time!
There are some things I really want, so chosen.
Some I would like as long as they don't seem too expensive for my desire level.
Some I wouldn't choose if they cost nowt.
It is now down to a last moment choice of interior, probably between either the partial or full limestone beige interior. I really like all leather but it is an awful lot more money and I suspect nobody who goes in it but me will ever notice which I choose so tempted to save the money..

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks.
It is now down to a last moment choice of interior, probably between either the partial or full limestone beige interior. I really like all leather but it is an awful lot more money and I suspect nobody who goes in it but me will ever notice which I choose so tempted to save the money..
I did plump for the full leather in the end, as it just offered that bit more for me or, more accurately, the partial leather was just not quite what I wanted. Some of my options I know I have rationalised purely on the basis of a modest increase in the monthly cost and, very likely, wouldn’t have done so if it were an upfront cash purchase. Not evidence of a world-class intellect there, I’ll grant you. The only thing I really wish I’d done but didn’t was to add prep for the bike carrier. First world problems, undoubtedly.

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered end of Feb delivered yesterday. 1 key apart from that everything present and correct.
So happy to get out of the Tesla at last, they really are chalk and cheese.
Car (2).jpg
Fabulous colour - looks so much better in the flesh. My dealer had one in the showroom when I went to confirm my 4S CT in the same colour. ?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Thanks.
They would notice if you had the red interior! A colleague of mine once had a red leather interior in an A4 - I think it got described as a pimps car. He has always had black or grey since then

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They would notice if you had the red interior! A colleague of mine once had a red leather interior in an A4 - I think it got described as a pimps car. He has always had black or grey since then
I had a friend in the late 80s with an S-class with dark red velour interior. It looked great and was extremely comfortable, warmer in winter and cooler in summer than leather.
I think it is a shame colour and fabric interiors have been out of fashion for such a long time.
I always liked a black car with red interior.

The fabric interiors for the Taycan are all a tiny variation on dark grey, sadly.

The Taycan black/Bordeaux is actually a black interior with a red seat facings and some trim.
When I showed it to my wife she said it looked like descending into hell...

Won't be choosing that then!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I had a friend in the late 80s with an S-class with dark red velour interior. It looked great and was extremely comfortable, warmer in winter and cooler in summer than leather.
I think it is a shame colour and fabric interiors have been out of fashion for such a long time.
I always liked a black car with red interior.

The fabric interiors for the Taycan are all a tiny variation on dark grey, sadly.

The Taycan black/Bordeaux is actually a black interior with a red seat facings and some trim.
When I showed it to my wife she said it looked like descending into hell...

Won't be choosing that then!
If it doesn’t have wife approval then it is probably best to pick something else! Not worth the long term comments and disapproval.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it doesn’t have wife approval then it is probably best to pick something else! Not worth the long term comments and disapproval.
I will be choosing black/chalk beige since it is the overall palest so should give the coolest lightest cabin, blackberry or Truffle brown because I like them and they have zero black bits.

David Baldwino

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Turismo
Country flag
I ordered my RWD 18/3, but changed colour on 31/3. Original delivery was set for the end of this month, but the car hasn’t been built yet!

For those of you waiting for your car, or have had it recently delivered, when did you place your order?

I did go a bit crazy with £25k of options, so maybe my car is banking all the semiconductor chips!

I’m getting impatient?
chill and hold on…..ordered TCT4S plus £20k extras on Feb 28th and final spec change 16/3/21 - due 30/9/21 BUT it’s still at German docks. We did the Silverstone Experience Day on Monday, well worth the drive -spent 3hrs in the extremely capable, fast and super safe 4S. IMPRESSED. I didn’t want to get out. 2no Fast tracks, skid pans, skid hill climb and decent, low friction track and 30 min on National speed limit country lanes. Wow. I’d wait another 6 months!! You will not be disappointed, 2 or 4wd, it’s an excellent weapon.
Sponsored