Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
So we are currently charging our Teslas with their mobile connector plugged into a standard 3-phase CEE outlet. Naturally, I assumed that it would be possible to just plug the same cable into the Taycan and it should work like with their wall charger since it’s just a standard Type 2 plug. Doing that however, gave me an error message in the Taycan and is unable to charge.

Strangely, switching to the Schuko adapter on the Mobile Connector does however work. The Porsche charger also works of course, as well as DC charging..

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? My main issue is that since the Porsche CEE plug is angled, it physically doesn’t fit in the outlet, why I hoped I could just use the Tesla charger I’m already using for the other car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So we are currently charging our Teslas with their mobile connector plugged into a standard 3-phase CEE outlet. Naturally, I assumed that it would be possible to just plug the same cable into the Taycan and it should work like with their wall charger since it’s just a standard Type 2 plug. Doing that however, gave me an error message in the Taycan and is unable to charge.

Strangely, switching to the Schuko adapter on the Mobile Connector does however work. The Porsche charger also works of course, as well as DC charging..

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? My main issue is that since the Porsche CEE plug is angled, it physically doesn’t fit in the outlet, why I hoped I could just use the Tesla charger I’m already using for the other car.
No idea - someone on the forum I'm sure will - communication issue / difference?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

I guess you could quite easily change the plug for the PMCC and change it to a straight one. They are only about 20 Euros. But seems extra work since you already have a EVSE that works well. What is signalled on the Tesla Mobile connector when you try to charge the Taycan on 3 phase?

But interesting that you can get a Schuko connection to work. That will not work on my Tesla mobile connector for some reason. I do not have a 3 phase plug on my Tesla mobile charger to test. Only single phase 16 amp I think. My Tesla Wall connector on 3 phase works just fine though.
Sponsored