Unable to log car into Porsche Connect after software update fixing Plug and Charge w/ 19.2kw charger

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
2021 4S- I just received a major software update to fix the plug and charge issues associated with the 19.2kw onboard charger. The update deleted my Account from the profiles section of the PCM. Porsche Connect still shows my car paired with my account on the App, but i cannot get the car to log into my account. I repeatedly get a message in the PCM that says "Registration is currently not available." So basically i cannot link the car to my account and settings -- I now need to sign in as Guest. I have LTE connection and the car is receiving traffic data and OTA updates (although i cannot accept the updates bc only the primary user can do that and i cannot log on as primary user.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Lock the car and leave a while (a pain I know) but often needs a cooling off period after updates. Even try the other key (honest).

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
2021 4S- I just received a major software update to fix the plug and charge issues associated with the 19.2kw onboard charger. The update deleted my Account from the profiles section of the PCM. Porsche Connect still shows my car paired with my account on the App, but i cannot get the car to log into my account. I repeatedly get a message in the PCM that says "Registration is currently not available." So basically i cannot link the car to my account and settings -- I now need to sign in as Guest. I have LTE connection and the car is receiving traffic data and OTA updates (although i cannot accept the updates bc only the primary user can do that and i cannot log on as primary user.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Did you ever get this resolved? I am getting this same error with initial setup on my new Taycan.

OP
OP

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
Did you ever get this resolved? I am getting this same error with initial setup on my new Taycan.
Yes. After about 24 hours or so I was able to log on. Just wait a day or so and try again. The dealer told me this when I had the issue. I thought he was crazy but sure enough it worked.
Sponsored