Unable to login to new car — owner is a “guest” with services unavailable

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
Based on what others have posted it seems like the dealer connects the VIN to your account when they receive the car. There seems to be a different backend or communication issue preventing some of us from logging into the vehicle. My dealer told me at pickup that Porsche had to release the car to me in their system ("RDR" process, whatever that means) and that could take a few days especially at the end of their sales quarter, but no luck yet, even though the car has since been RDR'ed per the dealer.

Based on reports of this suddenly starting to work for some posters, it seems like it may be something on the backend that has to be corrected by support. Factory and 12V resets at various locations (to account for cell signal strength) have not made a difference for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteveDC

SteveDC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 308QV
Country flag
You can change your password on the my porsche web page after login in. Click on your name in the upper right and click on login & security. The second item you can edit is your password.

In your OP you say: "That ID and password works to open up the Porsche Connect app on my phone, and the correct VIN for the car is shown in the app". AFAIK this means your car VIN has been transferred to your login ID.
That makes a great deal of sense. Which is why I am mystified that the logon button on the car PCM, where I am supposed to enter data, remains greyed out after entering the exact same ID and PW. And trying it several times, including after having done a system reset to factory settings. It is absolutely maddening. My poor dealer, sitting next to me, is as mystified as I am. Where is the Porsche factory training on the software? Where is the Porsche factory training on the charging process and the EA deal and procedures and proper software to use? All the latter are entirely new to these historically ICE dealerships. One gets the feeling the car was just dropped on dealerships.
Again, it’s a great car to drive, though.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
That makes a great deal of sense. Which is why I am mystified that the logon button on the car PCM, where I am supposed to enter data, remains greyed out after entering the exact same ID and PW. And trying it several times, including after having done a system reset to factory settings. It is absolutely maddening. My poor dealer, sitting next to me, is as mystified as I am. Where is the Porsche factory training on the software? Where is the Porsche factory training on the charging process and the EA deal and procedures and proper software to use? All the latter are entirely new to these historically ICE dealerships. One gets the feeling the car was just dropped on dealerships.
Again, it’s a great car to drive, though.
Your symptoms are identical to mine, so you are not alone! It is frustrating!!

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
12V disconnect is like Ctrl-Alt-Delete on Windows. It doesn't "fix" anything but it does give everything a fresh start. In particular, when I had an issue where I could not sign into my account, factory reset was suggested by PCNA as a troubleshooting step. However, the reset could not be completed. 12V disconnect allowed factory reset to be completed, but factory reset did not solve that problem because the underlying issue was the bad OTA module.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
12V disconnect is like Ctrl-Alt-Delete on Windows. It doesn't "fix" anything but it does give everything a fresh start. In particular, when I had an issue where I could not sign into my account, factory reset was suggested by PCNA as a troubleshooting step. However, the reset could not be completed. 12V disconnect allowed factory reset to be completed, but factory reset did not solve that problem because the underlying issue was the bad OTA module.
Is the 12v disconnect something the dealer has to do? I am a three hour drive from my dealer.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is the 12v disconnect something the dealer has to do? I am a three hour drive from my dealer.
The manual will show you the location of the positive cable connection, just loosen the clamp with a 10mm ratchet and leave disconnected for a few minutes.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
The manual will show you the location of the positive cable connection, just loosen the clamp with a 10mm ratchet and leave disconnected for a few minutes.
I disconnect the 12v battery and left it for about 15 min. I reconnected it with high hopes, but sadly my issue remains. I still can't log in, and the SOS light is still flashing.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Late last week, randomly out of the blue, my car connected and I could log in. Something must have changed on the backend at Porsche.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Late last week, randomly out of the blue, my car connected and I could log in. Something must have changed on the backend at Porsche.
Did the SOS light flip to green, then the login button was no longer greyed out? I'm still stuck on this issue.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Did the SOS light flip to green, then the login button was no longer greyed out? I'm still stuck on this issue.
That is exactly what happened. The SOS light was suddenly green, so I tried logging in and the button was no longer greyed out.

pc759

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi tt, Audi a2, Audi a4
Country flag
Should never happen on anything especially something costing such a lot of money and it would never ever happen on a tesla
Sponsored