OP
OP

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s definitely not just the app. My car won’t let me log in.
Sponsored

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
While "they" may (and I emphasize may) know, bringing these kinds of services together is a very long and difficult effort. For now, I'd be happy if Porsche's IT Operations group would just figure out how to keep the Connect service active - even 8-5 M-F would be nice at this point!

Reactions: Nhb

DQLAV

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Renault Captur - BMW 535i F10 (prev.)
Country flag
Our Taycan has exactly the same problem, PCM indicates that there is an LTE connection, but logging in with the Porsche ID isn't possible, each time an error message is given that the password is incorrect, however it is 100% correct. So since the delivery we're only driving around as a guest. Unfortunately, online radio doesn't work now, that's what we are most disappointed about...

Curtis6525

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4s
Country flag
I’m sorry for you, but that’s great news for me. Thanks for sharing.

Misery, or in this case mild inconvenience, loves company.
I recently reached out to my Porsche Ambassador at the dealership and concerning the Porsche ID login issue and this is what he recommended per the west region tech support:

We reached out to our area west trainer and this is what he recommended and is pretty confident it will work.

• have the guest change the password, 8 to 10 characters, if using a special character use the exclamation mark (!) only
  • change the password in the profile
  • go to the car and update the password
  • it needs to have a good connection/signal and might take two or three tries
  • if it does not take he recommends a pcm reset

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recently reached out to my Porsche Ambassador at the dealership and concerning the Porsche ID login issue and this is what he recommended per the west region tech support:

We reached out to our area west trainer and this is what he recommended and is pretty confident it will work.

• have the guest change the password, 8 to 10 characters, if using a special character use the exclamation mark (!) only
  • change the password in the profile
  • go to the car and update the password
  • it needs to have a good connection/signal and might take two or three tries
  • if it does not take he recommends a pcm reset
One other thing that was recommended is to not have 8 characters. I don’t know if people tested that, or if it is just going from an old 8 character password to a new password and making that 9 characters.

OP
OP

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I too was told that it doesn’t like long passwords and did that.

But of course it didn’t work because the ‘login’ button is greyed out.

I think some server problem is generating a variety of user experiences, all bad.

alinnell

First Name
Allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan/2017 718 Boxster S/2019 Acura RDX
Country flag
I have a question.
We were able to log in on the app and on the phone. All is okay with that. But the car says you can store up to seven different profiles. Does each profile have to have their own Porsche ID?
Also, the app says it is in private mode and needs to be updated via the PCM--what does one push within the PCM to change this? (It was working just fine the other day.)

Nhb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg,

Your situation is another well-documented outcome of Porsche's Connect servers/services NOT being available. You will have to be patient for Porsche to get the Connect services back online before you will be able to login.

It's frustrating, I know. I experienced your situation when I took delivery of my car back in June.

Toby
Experienced this issue when we picked up our new 4S last week. Still not seeing SIM card and no internet connection other than through my phone. We are bringing it in to the dealer this week.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Unable to log in with my Porsche ID (with known good credentials, and after changing password and after resetting the PCM by pulling the two fuses). Also unable to log in with a Porsche ID I created for my wife (again using known good credentials). So either something is wrong with my car and has been since this 12V battery dead event on Oct 11, or something is still wrong with Porsche servers, or both.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Unable to log in with my Porsche ID (with known good credentials, and after changing password and after resetting the PCM by pulling the two fuses). Also unable to log in with a Porsche ID I created for my wife (again using known good credentials). So either something is wrong with my car and has been since this 12V battery dead event on Oct 11, or something is still wrong with Porsche servers, or both.
Are you saying that you have once successfully logged into the PCM with the credentials ("known good") and now cannot log in since the 12v battery dead event?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Are you saying that you have once successfully logged into the PCM with the credentials ("known good") and now cannot log in since the 12v battery dead event?
I can’t login since my 12 volt died. Logged a ticket... still waiting.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Very interesting. I'm going to ask in a different thread whether others who have fixed their batteries have regained the ability to login with their Porsche ID.