Unable to login with Porsche ID

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I picked up my Taycan and, yes, it is wonderful.

However I have a variation on a problem I’ve seen posted here before. I am unable to complete setup on the PCM because at the Porsche ID screen the ‘login’ option is greyed out and unavailable. I can log in as a guest, but not link to my Porsche ID account. Any thoughts?

I called Porsche North America and they had no clue. They sent an email to Porsche Germany.
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
On the left hand side there’s a few icons, one of which should be LTE. LTE is the mobile network connection. Is it active?

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
I had the same issue. Is the green light on by the SOS switch (on the roof) or is it red? I tried everything I could think of for 5 days. Finally, after 5 days the "log in" option was available and I tried logging in but it still didn't work. After a drive to lunch I got a "map updated" message, so something was working.
Got back to the office and tried logging in once more, and voila!, success.

The dealer had written up a work order and all that but it finally just worked on its own. (The dealer had suggested to give it a few days)

Not helpful, I know, but keep trying.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
You've encountered the operational stability issues that have dogged Porsche for quite some time. Porsche is relatively new to the game of integrating relatively "smart" car with a bunch of application software and services running in somebody's "cloud". I believe that Porsche has farmed out the infrastructure/operations to either AWS or another provider, and I have been told that all of these services are operating in a single location to support a worldwide fleet of vehicles.

I do this kind of stuff for a living (and have for 36 years) and this kind of operation is NOT for the faint of heart. It is clear to me that the Connect services are poorly monitored and managed at this point. Whether it is an application system issue or an infrastructure (meaning servers and databases) issue or a monitoring/alerting issue.... only the Connect people can tell us (if they would ever admit it). Hopefully, the Porsche Connect team will dramatically improve their operational tempo and reliability. That will be the only way to preclude these type of issues. As the volume of delivered cars with this kind of connectivity requirement increases, Porsche Connect will be confronted with some significant application architectural issues because I would seriously doubt they have built the application with an eye towards geographic dispersion while maintaining appropriate access to data - both replicated and localized.

For now, implore your Sales Advisor at the dealer to call the "inside" number for Porsche Connect support and complain long and loud. The Sales Advisors are the ones feeling this almost as much as you as a new owner does. Just imagine having to deal with multiple Taycan deliveries all day long on a Saturday and Porsche Connect services are "unavailable"! I feel for those men and women because a resolution is completely out of their control.

And the Porsche Connect team never feels the heat of paying customers. They get to operate in a corporate, operational world of corporate performance metrics where one can offer up wimpy excuses for poor performance and get by with it. Why you ask? Because most corporate managers have NO IDEA what "good" looks like in a large-scale IT environment.

Ask me how I know.......

Toby

OP
OP

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same issue. Is the green light on by the SOS switch (on the roof) or is it red? I tried everything I could think of for 5 days. Finally, after 5 days the "log in" option was available and I tried logging in but it still didn't work. After a drive to lunch I got a "map updated" message, so something was working.
Got back to the office and tried logging in once more, and voila!, success.

The dealer had written up a work order and all that but it finally just worked on its own. (The dealer had suggested to give it a few days)

Not helpful, I know, but keep trying.
That’s very helpful, thanks. What you experienced is close enough to my problem that you give me hope it will resolve with the passage of time.

I don’t have a red SOS light and when I log in as a guest everything works for the most part. I do have poor cell reception at my home, so sometimes the ‘online search’ function doesn’t pop up. It may be the limited band width caused a glitch, so I’ve tried factory resets and login attempts at locations with better signal. No luck.

My insurer can’t find the VIN number, but Porsche North America doesn’t think that’s related.

They’ve put in an ‘escalation’ to Porsche Germany, but no response yet. I’ll share what I learn when something happens. :)

But it’s definitely good to hear someone had a similar problem and resolved. I’m on my sixth day. :)

Curtis6525

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4s
Country flag
I picked up my Taycan and, yes, it is wonderful.

However I have a variation on a problem I’ve seen posted here before. I am unable to complete setup on the PCM because at the Porsche ID screen the ‘login’ option is greyed out and unavailable. I can log in as a guest, but not link to my Porsche ID account. Any thoughts?

I called Porsche North America and they had no clue. They sent an email to Porsche Germany.
I just received delivery of my porsche yesterday and have the same problem. I called Porsche tech support and they told me its a known issue for the past 4 days and they have a tech team working on the solution. He took my name and car info and said will be in touch within a couple of days with resolution. So hang in there this is an issue already worked on.

OP
OP

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m sorry for you, but that’s great news for me. Thanks for sharing.

Misery, or in this case mild inconvenience, loves company.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a different issue

I can get to the login screen, but the password/I’d login fails. Says invalid credentials.

I know the credentials are correct and was able to login at the dealer’s terminal.

Ideas?

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg,

Your situation is another well-documented outcome of Porsche's Connect servers/services NOT being available. You will have to be patient for Porsche to get the Connect services back online before you will be able to login.

It's frustrating, I know. I experienced your situation when I took delivery of my car back in June.

Toby

Reactions: Reg

Scott Allen

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 911 Carrera S Cabriolet, 2017 Range Rover HSE, 1967 Camaro RS/SS 396
Country flag
Reg,
That's what my car did when the "log in" option was finally available. After about 4 hours it finally took my info. Keep trying!

Reactions: Reg

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Reg,
That's what my car did when the "log in" option was finally available. After about 4 hours it finally took my info. Keep trying!
Reg,
Your situation is another well-documented outcome of Porsche's Connect servers/services NOT being available. You will have to be patient for Porsche to get the Connect services back online before you will be able to login.
Toby
Thanks for the responses! I was picking up at a remote location, with a long drive home, so this helped.

It worked!

The car was inside in a delivery room which apparently had really bad internet signal.
They moved the car outside, did a regular reset (one of the PCM options), then we waited a little and then voila!

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The car was inside in a delivery room which apparently had really bad internet signal.
They moved the car outside, did a regular reset (one of the PCM options), then we waited a little and then voila!
The same thing happened to me - the day before I took delivery I went to the dealership to get paperwork completed and we started to get the car setup, but had connectivity issues due to where the car was parked. I have noticed that there are more connectivity issues on the weekends and I wonder if this is when Porsche is doing upgrades. They‘re current model for managing their backend may be old-school and not allow them to do continuous deployment of software, but more monolithic, downtime-based releases. Hopefully they’ll continue to improve that aspect as well this year.

OP
OP

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The problem continues and others have had it, as well as variations. Porsche is now officially acknowledging it but has no explanation or ETA on a fix.

zardoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 BMW Z8 , 2010 BMW 1M , 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a different issue

I can get to the login screen, but the password/I’d login fails. Says invalid credentials.

I know the credentials are correct and was able to login at the dealer’s terminal.

Ideas?
Picked my 4S this past Saturday. Same issue & others.
Porsche connect app on iphone does not work - Message is "error when loading user profile" HOWEVER when I get to the car connect through safari browser, it recognizes me & it works. App needs a fix?
Sponsored