Unboxing The Performance Roof Box

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Besides the nice action shots by @Swissbob I haven't seen many pictures of the new Porsche Performance Roof Box. In preparation for my new CT4, I ordered one through my dealer's parts department. I am no YouTuber but I thought I would share some photos of the 'unboxing'.

1. When it arrived, the parts department kindly offered to deliver to my home. The roof box gets shipped in a large cardboard crate. Its reasonably well packaged and padded.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox1a

2. The roofbox was buffered by multiple self-adhesive foam pads which are positioned on all sides and stuck directly to the roof box itself. The adhesive on these was very tacky, a bit tricky to remove cleanly.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox2a

3. Sometimes people speculate that Porsche roofboxen are OEM'd for them by Thule. At least for this one, that seems to be correct.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox3

4. In addition to a large plastic bag, the roof box top shell is covered by a protective film.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox4

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox5

5. It came with two keys. For the price of the product, the lock mechanism feels a bit cheap and clunky. In the interior, you can see longitudinal ribs, the grip claw knobs, and tether strip anchors. The top shell can be opened from both sides.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox6

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox7

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox8

6. The roof box comes with a manual, three tether straps, a pair of handling gloves, and a cover.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox9

7. The cover is nice. It's like a fitted bedsheet made of a stretchy fabric like elastane.

Porsche Taycan Unboxing The Performance Roof Box PPRBUnbox10

More due to its size than weight, it's definitely a two person job to move this thing around for storage or mounting. I haven't tried mounting onto my Cayenne - I shall just wait until I take delivery of my CT4 and winter activities call it into action.

I hope this is helpful for others considering the Performance Roof Box!

Last edited: