PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, there's only one thing that I really dislike about my Taycan and that's the 14-way seats.

For the life of me I can't get them comfortable and there is something about the contour of the upper back/shoulders that bugs me. Plus there is a hard line of stitching right at my shoulder blades that bugs me.

I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I'm curious if I'm alone here. If not, any tips for improving it?

Overall the seat is really nice it's just the shoulder contour & hard stitching (the stitching line right at the shoulders) that I'm struggling with.
Sponsored

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I may have a little more fine tuning to do to get it all set optimally, but I haven’t noticed this on my 14-way.

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Porsche seats seem to always fit me wrong. I traded a Macan GTS a while back because of lower back pains caused by the seat.

I find the Taycan seat to be more comfortable. It took about 1K miles before it really became comfortable. The seat molded to my body and I think my body became used to it. Suggestion is to keep tweaking and let it adjust to your body.

OP
OP
PanameraFrank

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche seats seem to always fit me wrong. I traded a Macan GTS a while back because of lower back pains caused by the seat.

I find the Taycan seat to be more comfortable. It took about 1K miles before it really became comfortable. The seat molded to my body and I think my body became used to it. Suggestion is to keep tweaking and let it adjust to your body.
Yeah, I'm pretty finicky with seats. The 18-way Macan seats ended up being the best car seats I've ever had but I disliked the Macan 14-ways and all the Panamera seats.

I'm well over 2k miles now and it seems to be getting worse, but hopefully it will soften a bit. I do believe it's just one very specific area.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
Yeah, I'm pretty finicky with seats. The 18-way Macan seats ended up being the best car seats I've ever had but I disliked the Macan 14-ways and all the Panamera seats.

I'm well over 2k miles now and it seems to be getting worse, but hopefully it will soften a bit. I do believe it's just one very specific area.
Hi. I think you are right about the seats. I think they are called comfort seats but they are anything but. Today i had to sit outside a hospital in London while my wife was inside. The seats were so uncomfortable. Part of the problem is that they do not seem to have much cushioning. My wife says the same thing. I’ve had a lot of Porsches and never felt this before. Am actually thinking of putting a cushion from the house on the seat.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Do the people complaining about comfort have ventilated seats? I've found that those have less cushioning.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Do the people complaining about comfort have ventilated seats? I've found that those have less cushioning.
I have the 18 way seats with ventilation. Could be the reason, that my left leg stuggles with blood circulation after a while. I do miss my Audi A8 seats.

Isaac

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Macan GTS
Country flag
I have the 18 way seats with ventilation. Could be the reason, that my left leg stuggles with blood circulation after a while. I do miss my Audi A8 seats.
I have the 14 way comfort seats. Car has done less than 1000 miles but yesterday I had to spend a lot of time sitting in the car waiting for my wife to do a hospital visit. We both think that the seats are very hard - I have had a succession of Porsches and the only previous one that came close in terms of being hard was a Panamera Turbo about 10 years ago. All the others 911s, Macan, even a 928 long ago are/were fine. Porsche have always had firm seats but the ones in the Taycan seem to have little padding at all and are very rigid. Will have to hope they soften with age. Am actually thinking when I replace the Macan shortly that I may go elsewhere eg Mercedes.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I have the 18-way and no ventilation.
I have a bit of a problem on the lower back settings...
It comes down to a few mm to get it ok.
Other than that it's fine.
I had a Macan S and a Panamera 4S as a loaner and those were much better so I think you are right about the cushioning.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I think the guys that did the Canonball run in the Taycan mentioned that they found the seats uncomfortable. It was fine for a couple of hours but then they were painful. They did praise the massage function though, which is only available in the 14 way seats I believe.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had some pretty bad back pain in the beginning with my 18-way seats but after my back adjusted to the seats, I have been fine.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I think the guys that did the Canonball run in the Taycan mentioned that they found the seats uncomfortable. It was fine for a couple of hours but then they were painful. They did praise the massage function though, which is only available in the 14 way seats I believe.
The guys that broke the record recently said they found it really comfortable in the video I saw.

my seats are the 18-way, it’s funny because sometimes they are fine but I have to have it in the perfect position. If I adjust it to try and be more comfortable it never works haha

OP
OP
PanameraFrank

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to circle back.. I'm almost to 10k miles and the 14 way seats are the same. They just lack cushioning and are quite firm. I have adjusted to them so don't notice at much but I'd put them like a 4/10 on the comfort scale. If I had back issues these road trips would be a real problem.

The 18 ways in my Macan I'd put a 9/10, the 14 ways in my Panamera a 6.5/10, the 991.2 and 992 18-ways a 7.5/10 (although I have only spent a few hundred miles in those).

My iPace had similar seats although even worse, to the point I would have had to sell the car if it hadn't been lemoned. These ultra thin, "stylish" seats seem to be a trend and buck comfort for looking cool.

And yes, mine have ventilation due to the Premium Package. If I were to re-order I'd get Olea leather, no ventilation, 18 ways without a second thought.

Last edited:

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I have 18 way without ventilation, and whilst they're not called comfort seats, I wouldn't say they were overly comfortable. I think the seat heating works really well and I like how the heat is distributed, but that's the only positive thing I'd say for them over, for example, the standard spec seats in my Golf R. For the money I could probably expect more.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The guys that broke the record recently said they found it really comfortable in the video I saw.

my seats are the 18-way, it’s funny because sometimes they are fine but I have to have it in the perfect position. If I adjust it to try and be more comfortable it never works haha
Check this summary video at about 10 minutes in. They were not too impressed.

It was a hell of good test for the EA network though and shows good things are to come if they roll it out further.
Sponsored