Under door lighting in Porsche vehicles

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Awesome people on this forum, do all Porsche vehicles come with under door lights that help you see before stepping out of the car?

I've been looking a review videos of different Porsche models and it isn't clear to me.
Ultimately, I'm trying to figure out if I need to opt-in for the "Porsche logo puddle light" or not.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
So, by default, is there just a simple light that shines the floor if I don't opt for the $300 Porsche text light?
I think your correct there. I think you must choose the light package to get the lights..

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes all modern Porsche's have door puddle lights by default. Even Kia's do. It's a pretty standard feature on all modern cars lol.

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Awesome people on this forum, do all Porsche vehicles come with under door lights that help you see before stepping out of the car?

I've been looking a review videos of different Porsche models and it isn't clear to me.
Ultimately, I'm trying to figure out if I need to opt-in for the "Porsche logo puddle light" or not.

Thanks.
I also put it on my specs and like the feature, which is also on our Mercedes vehicles. Don't know about other Porsche cars.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So, by default, is there just a simple light that shines the floor if I don't opt for the $300 Porsche text light?
The actual puddle lights are built into the underside of the door mirrors and activate when unlocking and when Park Assist is active. These are standard (check your market to be sure).

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
The actual puddle lights are built into the underside of the door mirrors and activate when unlocking and when Park Assist is active. These are standard (check your market to be sure).
The puddle lights with the logo are actually on the bottom of the inside of the door. The standard light is there as well. You can see it at the bottom of the door: It is at the bottom of the red light reflector at the bottom of each door.

Original Thread on Porsche Courtesy Light Installs
Sponsored