Unknown Concerning Sound

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have an early MY20 Taycan Turbo - on Wednesday I got one of our beloved Electrical System Fault messages and couldn't move car. Locked it, moved away and let it sit for 10-15 min. When I restarted it, it was fine. Then Thursday evening when I got home from work I heard a crazy whirring sound coming from around the driver's side (left/US) wheel well. Anyone had this sound or know what it could be? I'm taking it in to dealer later, but was just wondering if anyone experienced this one yet.

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
I have also this weird sound or even i would say it’s more felt than heard, comes in rhytmic waves when on smoother surface then more noticable. Somewhere from the front and can be also felt theough the passanger floor. Can you describe yours more? I’ve told my concern to my dealer but so far it’s still there....

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have also this weird sound or even i would say it’s more felt than heard, comes in rhytmic waves when on smoother surface then more noticable. Somewhere from the front and can be also felt theough the passanger floor. Can you describe yours more? I’ve told my concern to my dealer but so far it’s still there....
I didn't notice it until I got out of my car. So I didn't hear it or feel it from the inside. Thankfully, I'm one of those that don't turn off the car from the inside - I let it turn off when I'm outside and locking the door. Otherwise I may have never heard it.

OP
OP
HelfFL

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For anyone else that experiences this noise in the future, it was a defective left front servo motor (whatever that is). Dealership had to remove wheels, headlights, side markers, front lock support cover and front apron to gain access. Also had to remove left radiator shutter assembly. Then they replaced the servo motor and reassembled. They offered me the WMA5 and WMA7 software updates but I declined for now due to all the issues being reported in the other threads.
Sponsored