First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Aloha Everyone,

Where do I start. I was supposed to pick up my CT4 this past Monday. Tint and PPF applied...check; TPS Module installed...check; As I was about to leave the house to get it, I get a call from my sales rep stating that late Sunday night Porsche sent out a Do Not Sale/Deliver to all Taycans because they discovered the Hazard lights software needed to be updated for potential safety issue. Now I have to wait for Porsche HQ to push the update to the dealership for the so called "Over the Air" update. I asked the rep how can it be over the air if you need to physically have the vehicle in your shop to upload via CAT-5 cable (crickets). My wife's Model 3 gets all kinds and updates at home in the garage on our network. I get how overly cautious the German car builders can be with new tech but this is unreal. Now I'm being told Thursday or Friday. Just hoping to get it before I fly off island next week...fingers and toes crossed.
Sponsored

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Aloha Everyone,

Where do I start. I was supposed to pick up my CT4 this past Monday. Tint and PPF applied...check; TPS Module installed...check; As I was about to leave the house to get it, I get a call from my sales rep stating that late Sunday night Porsche sent out a Do Not Sale/Deliver to all Taycans because they discovered the Hazard lights software needed to be updated for potential safety issue. Now I have to wait for Porsche HQ to push the update to the dealership for the so called "Over the Air" update. I asked the rep how can it be over the air if you need to physically have the vehicle in your shop to upload via CAT-5 cable (crickets). My wife's Model 3 gets all kinds and updates at home in the garage on our network. I get how overly cautious the German car builders can be with new tech but this is unreal. Now I'm being told Thursday or Friday. Just hoping to get it before I fly off island next week...fingers and toes crossed.
Definitely could see this coming. A couple of other threads on the topic and now it's a recall for every model.

Hopefully what he said is true and you're cruising around soon. The wait will be well worth it.

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely could see this coming. A couple of other threads on the topic and now it's a recall for every model.

Hopefully what he said is true and you're cruising around soon. The wait will be well worth it.
I really can't blame the dealership because they've treated me great to include a pretty good discount on the car and more than expected trade-in and still let me drive my trade-in until the CT4 is ready. They are caught in the middle but they get the brunt of everyone's frustrations.

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag
They’re not allowed to deliver it by law until the fix is applied, so OTA vs old fashioned update is irrelevant here unfortunately

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
That is a bummer. Hope it gets addressed swiftly.

My Ct4S is on the boat on it's way according to TYD. Arrive in Honolulu 12/17..... I'm going to speculate this same update will need to be performed on mine when it arrives at the dealer. It's a '22 and I'm unclear if those updates apply to all model years....

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

My Ct4S is on the boat on it's way according to TYD. Arrive in Honolulu 12/17..... I'm going to speculate this same update will need to be performed on mine when it arrives at the dealer. It's a '22 and I'm unclear if those updates apply to all model years....
I believe the article specifies 20/21 models. So hopefully the 22 models won't need it since its really a software fix. I'm just waiting to see how long it will take for the fix to get sent to the dealership then get it pushed to the car. I have feeling I won't get the car until I get back from my trip around 6 Nov :(

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I believe the article specifies 20/21 models. So hopefully the 22 models won't need it since its really a software fix. I'm just waiting to see how long it will take for the fix to get sent to the dealership then get it pushed to the car. I have feeling I won't get the car until I get back from my trip around 6 Nov :(
problem seems pretty minor; I suspect I will not be rushing it to the dealer...sorry you got caught up in it

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
problem seems pretty minor; I suspect I will not be rushing it to the dealer...sorry you got caught up in it
I was told today the update came in and I'm in the queue should be able to get tomorrow afternoon...hopefully latest is Friday.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
It applies to the 2022 models arriving as well. My 22 CT4 currently sailing over needs the update.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Fellow Hawaii Taycan owner. 2021 MY. POH has been great with our software updates. I just had a seatbelt inspection last week (AMB6) which was clear because I do not have any belts affected.

Only issues our car has had was some b-pillar rattles and they were fixed to satisfaction on the first try for each side.

I'll check to see if I need a hazard light software update tomorrow.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I really can't blame the dealership because they've treated me great to include a pretty good discount on the car and more than expected trade-in and still let me drive my trade-in until the CT4 is ready. They are caught in the middle but they get the brunt of everyone's frustrations.
Yes I also have one on order and they have been good keeping me updated and so far i think they're pretty fair albeit I didn't get a discount on mine! :(. You car is still gorgeous! My daughter loves your color! Let us know how you like it once you get to drive it!

Porsche Taycan UPDATE #2 (First CT4 in Hawaii) IMG_0226

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I also have one on order and they have been good keeping me updated and so far i think they're pretty fair albeit I didn't get a discount on mine! :(. You car is still gorgeous! My daughter loves your color! Let us know how you like it once you get to drive it!

IMG_0226.jpg
Thanks, I'm really happy with it. I plan to upload another post soon detailing what I got and my impressions driving it so far.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Yes please do. Seeing your car did help with some of the questions I had on my order as I'd placed my order without seeing some bits/options. :)

OP
OP
STLLTH

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I was at the dearlship

I was at the dealership today picking some back ordered accessories and I saw Grey CT4 in the showroom and thought it was yours but you said you ordered a 4s. The one in the show room has the lower body cladding which looks pretty nice.
Sponsored