Update 3: Porsche jabbing brakes and stopping [Driver Control required!] while not in Innodrive/ACC/ALK

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Put a camera in your car and record a drive until it happens. My PC wanted a short clip of a PCM crash while using car play. Well, they got it ;-) and will use it towards Germany to get assistance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Haha now im getting the Park Assist Disabled, Service Required errors every day!

Dude, guys, I want to like this car and I love how it drives... but I'm just at a total loss. On the plus side this is a loggable error I can share with the SA

Last edited:

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Same here every time I get into a bump at the freeway, the A-Recup deactivate. It's not a biggy but something

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Haha now im getting the Park Assist Disabled, Service Required errors every day!

Dude, guys, I want to like this car and I love how it drives... but I'm just at a total loss. On the plus side this is a loggable error I can share with the SA
I have had this ParkAssist error at least 4 times. I have photos of all occurrence that I shared with the service department. The car logs nothing so they found no errors and they said they cannot reproduce. So like all other software bugs, they have no clue what it is and how to fix.
I have reported it to NHTSA as a failure of a safety feature (there is a category for this). I suggest you do the same.

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same. Also after a week at the sa they told me to just disable passive lane keep. Surprise … it’s not that and again on a road trip to Carmel the taycan attempted to emergency stop on the highway for no reason.

OP
OP
Chris8536

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: After a family trip to Carmel the Taycan twice immediately jumped to "Drive control required" and began braking the car for no reason at all. All Innodrive and even passive features were disabled, and the error looked like a glitch with the sudden, out of nowhere, jump to red alert and applying brakes.

I really ... don't... know what to think? Its clear Porsche Dealer, Porsche NA, etc are all clueless and would rather put drivers in jeopardy with random glitches than deal with the issue. They rejected by buy-back demand and suggested instead I just trade it in at my loss if I "don't like it".

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Update: After a family trip to Carmel the Taycan twice immediately jumped to "Drive control required" and began braking the car for no reason at all. All Innodrive and even passive features were disabled, and the error looked like a glitch with the sudden, out of nowhere, jump to red alert and applying brakes.

I really ... don't... know what to think? Its clear Porsche Dealer, Porsche NA, etc are all clueless and would rather put drivers in jeopardy with random glitches than deal with the issue. They rejected by buy-back demand and suggested instead I just trade it in at my loss if I "don't like it".
demanding a buy back is not how it works. you need to trigger the lemon law that is in place wherever it is you reside.
porsche included a book with your owners manual describing the arbitration procedures as well.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
demanding a buy back is not how it works. you need to trigger the lemon law that is in place wherever it is you reside.
porsche included a book with your owners manual describing the arbitration procedures as well.
^ this. To have any luck either with the arbitration or going to court you need to be able to reproduce the issue consistently and capture it on camera when it happens. I think you should get a camera with a suction cup and add it to the panoroof and record the instrument panel and steering wheel while you drive. You need to produce proof otherwise it is just your word against theirs (they will say car is fine).

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This weekend, I just completed my first road trip to LA & back from the Bay Area and a few of times I did get the “Driver Control Required” message on the screen. I was on cruise control with ALK engaged (I don't have the Innodrive option), going about 80 or so, but didn't notice any braking whatsoever. I basically ignored the warning message as, like you, I had my hands on the wheel and the warning went away moments later. I figured it was some sort of warning as trucks on I-5 we're numerous and hogging the lane.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
This weekend, I just completed my first road trip to LA & back from the Bay Area and a few of times I did get the “Driver Control Required” message on the screen. I was on cruise control with ALK engaged (I don't have the Innodrive option), going about 80 or so, but didn't notice any braking whatsoever. I basically ignored the warning message as, like you, I had my hands on the wheel and the warning went away moments later. I figured it was some sort of warning as trucks on I-5 we're numerous and hogging the lane.
That's simply the mechanism to ensure that the driver is being attentive by testing if you are applying torque to the steering wheel. If you rest your hands too lightly the car thinks your hands aren't on the wheel and it will warn you with that message.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Same here every time I get into a bump at the freeway, the A-Recup deactivate. It's not a biggy but something
I have this too. I suspect it's the car detection in front that "sees" a massive blob of asphalt due to the bump, thinks it's a car and gets in panic mode for a split second and brakes?

I'll try to create a short movie showing the issue and hand it over to the SA at PC Rotterdam. He's very cooperative in handling well documented complaints.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Must be sw related, otherwise a faulty sensor for the steering wheel would've thrown an error code.
Hard to solve.
Only thing is to reload/recoding the specific sw.
Sponsored