UPDATE 7/16: Thoughts on First 72 Hours with my Brick

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Fully agree...as I mentioned before, my first month was a horror show. It did get better for me.
I go back to another comment of mine where I suggested that they ship these with a 'dealer profile' that allows the OTA updates to be downloaded and installed while in transit/on the dealer lot that needs 'auto-install' configured.
Just an example of @kort comments, the dealers shop I think is doing 'all they can', but they need better training/support from HQ. For example, I made sure they did a full download of all updated before delivery (which took them an extra 5-days!) and even after this when delivered they assured me it was updated. Well, glitchy things were happening in the first couple of days and digging in, I went to the 'updates' tab of the PCM and; yes, they downloaded the updates, but they did not have the checklist/SOP's to follow through and actually go in and 'install' the updates. I had over two-screen-pages of updates that I had to manually 'install' and after a 1-1/2 hours session in my garage, some fo the glitches were going away.
That is just one anecdotal example on where they need to 'support the platform' more holistically across the board.
there are many similar instances. typical car dealer BS
Sponsored

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Someone mentioned a RWD motor issue. Was that for all models or just the new base RWD ( I would think the motors were the same)?
Seems to me everyone understands downloading and update and then installing. Windows PC does it all the time. How does a dealer not complete the process.

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You ordered it in June and got it two weeks later? That sounds extremely dodgy.

It sounds like they sold you someone else’s car as there is no way a Taycan is made and shipped that quickly to the states.

Did you fully spec it out or just choose a ‘preset’ configuration? Something is fishy with your dealer!

You mentioned it had 50 miles on it which is also peculiar. 20-30 I can understand but 50 is a lot.

OP
OP

realsmartz

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
You ordered it in June and got it two weeks later? That sounds extremely dodgy.

It sounds like they sold you someone else’s car as there is no way a Taycan is made and shipped that quickly to the states.

Did you fully spec it out or just choose a ‘preset’ configuration? Something is fishy with your dealer!

You mentioned it had 50 miles on it which is also peculiar. 20-30 I can understand but 50 is a lot.
Spec’ed one out in March with a Chicago dealer, but delivery kept getting pushed out. Cancelled that and spent some time calling direct, as low inventory was making it hard for Chicago dealer to make a trade. Found one in Philly that had 2 of the 3 options I wanted. When I bought it from them, they said it was in port waiting on a sensor. It showed up at their dealership a couple weeks later.

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
it is becoming quite evident that the dealerships are not well versed on these cars, that they will outright lie, come up with random excuses and plain old BS when issues crop up. this is terrible.
Porsche customer care is no help at all, they are a black hole where complaints go to die, no feedback no follow up terrible customer support.
for a company based on customer satisfaction and experience they are about a 2 out of 10
fail fail fail
As usual fan you make excuses for Porche, you don’t know the facts, for sure the dealer have been working with Porsche, this is a big deal and Porche is lucky that isn’t in the social media as YouTube and others. This is more Porsche failure, they should take the car back and replaced with a new car due this car is 157 miles.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
As usual fan you make excuses for Porche, you don’t know the facts, for sure the dealer have been working with Porsche, this is a big deal and Porche is lucky that isn’t in the social media as YouTube and others. This is more Porsche failure, they should take the car back and replaced with a new car due this car is 157 miles.
can you say incoherent?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Being pissed would be an understatement. You might be taking home the award for soonest-major-event-after-new-car.
Consider me on the top of the list. ~200 miles into my new 2021 RWD (4/21 build) and I have experienced what the OP has. Transmission-type clunk under 50mph when slowing down and other times while driving. It's very intermittent now but will be paying attention.
Sponsored