DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
Anyone in Australia know when the uPdate will be available here?
Sponsored

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had mine applied and it looks very slick. However, on my MY21 4S I'm missing Android Auto and Spotify. I might be missing some sort of setup step; but CarPlay is right there on the main screen but no Android Auto or Spotify. Various youtubes for overseas owners show them on the main screen.

I've pinged my dealer and lets see what they come back with.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've had mine applied and it looks very slick. However, on my MY21 4S I'm missing Android Auto and Spotify. I might be missing some sort of setup step; but CarPlay is right there on the main screen but no Android Auto or Spotify. Various youtubes for overseas owners show them on the main screen.

Sounds like only part of the update was applied - assuming the update gave you the coloured PCM icons?

Have you linked Spotify in My Porsche website (with My Connect Services alongside Apple Music and Podcasts)? If not then that may explain why it doesn't appear within Media.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Have you linked Spotify in My Porsche website (with My Connect Services alongside Apple Music and Podcasts)? If not then that may explain why it doesn't appear within Media.
I'm not a Spotify user – have always used Apple Music – so I haven't linked Spotify to anything on the My Porsche website but still get Spotify as a "source" option on my updated PCM.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I don't have the update yet but a month or so ago I had the option to link an existing Spotify account within My Porsche website - this has now disappeared. The account is still linked as the Spotify option is available in My Porsche App. Perhaps the link can also be made here too.

I guess the PCM is 'Spotify ready' and can be activated as a Connect Service as and when once the latest PCM update has been applied.

Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? Screenshot_20220816-104324_My Porsche

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag

Good to hear that the update is available! Presumably the coloured icons are the most obvious (but least important) indication that the uPdate has been applied??

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sounds like only part of the update was applied - assuming the update gave you the coloured PCM icons?

I've got the nice coloured PCM icons now; look and feel is much improved.
I've also got Spotify linked in the MyPorsche app:
Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? 1660690060160

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update on uPdate...
Dealer has created a support case with Porsche Germany to address missing Android Auto and Spotify "try again later" error...

Axdenied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
@CatWithBat Same issue here, got the uPdate today, but missing Spotify even if linked in the My Porsche app... Dealer says it could take a day or 2 to appear, let's see. No idea why this would be the case, but no longer surprised by Porsche Software implementation.

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Exactly what my dealer said...but it's been 10 days now. BTW, even though not on the main screen, Spotify does appear as a music source option. I just can't get the car to log in. Shows the following:
Porsche Taycan uPdate available in Australia? 1661307826162

OpinionatedOz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Exactly what my dealer said...but it's been 10 days now. BTW, even though not on the main screen, Spotify does appear as a music source option. I just can't get the car to log in. Shows the following:
1661307826162.png
exact same here - logged with Porsche - apparently a known problem

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Might be fixed by a second attempt as suggested by @BeauJTaylor . I've booked in the car next week for second attempt and will post the outcome.

CatWithBat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Might be fixed by a second attempt as suggested by @BeauJTaylor . I've booked in the car next week for second attempt and will post the outcome.
Update: Car back from dealer and now has Android auto, but Spotify is still not logging in with the same 3011 "try again" fault code. The second attempt wiped all my account settings, charging profiles again. So a bit annoying.

@OpinionatedOz - I wonder if this is a comms problem for Australian cars, ie. to do with the in car mobile link for Australian Taycans.

Any other Aussies seeing similar problems?

OpinionatedOz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Update: Car back from dealer and now has Android auto, but Spotify is still not logging in with the same 3011 "try again" fault code. The second attempt wiped all my account settings, charging profiles again. So a bit annoying.

@OpinionatedOz - I wonder if this is a comms problem for Australian cars, ie. to do with the in car mobile link for Australian Taycans.

Any other Aussies seeing similar problems?
Very possibly an Australian only issue. For now I use Spotify via CarPlay but a native integration would be nice