Update to software network VR19.0.1. Campaign number WNJ8 (UK)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thought I'd start a separate thread for the much anticipated PCM update (coloured icons and all that jazz).

Just got my recall notification an hour ago.

Will get this done along with my first service upon return from 'sunny' Ireland next month.

Porsche Taycan Update to software network VR19.0.1. Campaign number WNJ8 (UK) 1658748474549
Sponsored

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Thought I'd start a separate thread for the much anticipated PCM update (coloured icons and all that jazz).

Just got my recall notification an hour ago.

Will get this done along with my first service upon return from 'sunny' Ireland next month.

1658748474549.png
Yep, me too! By complete coincidence my car is booked in today with PC Bristol for a checkover of the front suspension / steering and the first thing that said was that they'd be applying WNJ8 update whilst it's with them. Sooo pleased about this as I've waited over four weeks for the appointment!:party:

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
Yep, me too! By complete coincidence my car is booked in today with PC Bristol for a checkover of the front suspension / steering and the first thing that said was that they'd be applying WNJ8 update whilst it's with them. Sooo pleased about this as I've waited over four weeks for the appointment!:party:
Be sure to let us know how it goes today, particularly if you notice any differences with the range? Got mine booked for early August :party:

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Happy for you guys to be the test mule's for this one and keen to get the feedback once applied before I book mine in.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
Be sure to let us know how it goes today, particularly if you notice any differences with the range? Got mine booked for early August :party:
Happy for you guys to be the test mule's for this one and keen to get the feedback once applied before I book mine in.
Will certainly be keeping you all up to date. I'm a little apprehensive having finally got the ONA5 and ONA7 OTA updates installed which appear to have improved stability / response times etc, so let's hope it's an 'onwards and upwards' rather than silk purse / sow's ear situation!

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I received the same notice today. Going to wait as my PCM seems, touch wood, stable at the moment.

Reactions: B61

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
It looks like it’s me that’s going to be have the first installation of WNJ8 that Sheffield have done. I was expecting my car back today (after 3 weeks) from a comms fault but just been informed they are applying it now.😱
I will let you know how I get on…

Last edited:

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
It looks like it’s me that’s going to be have the first installation of WNJ8 at Sheffield. I was expecting my car back today (after 3 weeks) from a comms fault but just been informed they are applying it now.😱
Well mine went in to PC Bristol on Monday and it's still there. I had a call yesterday at 16.54 saying that they'd had problems with the WNJ8 update as the installation process 'kept crashing'. About 45 minutes ago I received a MyPorsche notification informing me that there was a charging error. Went onto the app just now and it shows the error is still there and 0% battery. Hope they haven't bricked it :oops:

• Wow

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Well mine went in to PC Bristol on Monday and it's still there. I had a call yesterday at 16.54 saying that they'd had problems with the WNJ8 update as the installation process 'kept crashing'. About 45 minutes ago I received a MyPorsche notification informing me that there was a charging error. Went onto the app just now and it shows the error is still there and 0% battery. Hope they haven't bricked it :oops:
Eeeek.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It looks like it’s me that’s going to be have the first installation of WNJ8 that Sheffield have done. I was expecting my car back today (after 3 weeks) from a comms fault but just been informed they are applying it now.😱
Never before in the field of human conflict was so much been owed by so many to so few!

May the Force be with you.

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
I wouldn't play around remotely and normally privacy mode is enabled during workshop visits.
Well to be fair I wasn't exactly playing around.. They called me at 0830 to ask if I could go into the app again and put it back into 'Workshop Mode' as the previous 10hr session had expired. I did as I was asked and closed the app as I normally do. I got the app message alerts (there was another which said it wasn't possible to activate an A/C command which I'd not sent) a couple of hours later and I clicked through, only to find the 0% SOC.

FWIW I've just checked back and it's now reporting 41% SOC (it was 45% when I left it with them) so 🤞 my car lives to fight another day. More info and as and when I get it..

4EVer

First Name
Viv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S, iD3 Pro S, E-Up!
Country flag
OK, so a quick update to my situation.

Car (which is a March '21 4S) is still with PC Bristol so that's now three days since they first tried to install the WNJ8 (VR19.0.1.) update.

They called late this afternoon to say that they still can't let me have the car back as it 'continues to throw up errors on the PCM'. Consequently they've had to 'raise a support ticket with Germany'.

So as of now I've no idea when Ill get the car back. Fortunately they loaned me a car when I dropped mine into them on Monday, albeit that it's a rough-running 4 cyl 2 ltr turbo BMW 330i which I find particularly nasty to drive! In the dealer's defence, they have at least been consistent in keeping me informed, and even offered to deliver my car back to me when it's ready.
On the plus side, they've done the ONA5 seat wiring harness mod which they initially told me they couldn't do as they hadn't got the parts. Hurrah, so I can now safely sit in my driver's seat! Except of course I can't, and have absolutely no idea when I will be able to. Perhaps the GTS I have on order with them will arrive first! We can but dream..

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
OK, so a quick update to my situation.

Car (which is a March '21 4S) is still with PC Bristol so that's now three days since they first tried to install the WNJ8 (VR19.0.1.) update.

They called late this afternoon to say that they still can't let me have the car back as it 'continues to throw up errors on the PCM'. Consequently they've had to 'raise a support ticket with Germany'.

So as of now I've no idea when Ill get the car back. Fortunately they loaned me a car when I dropped mine into them on Monday, albeit that it's a rough-running 4 cyl 2 ltr turbo BMW 330i which I find particularly nasty to drive! In the dealer's defence, they have at least been consistent in keeping me informed, and even offered to deliver my car back to me when it's ready.
On the plus side, they've done the ONA5 seat wiring harness mod which they initially told me they couldn't do as they hadn't got the parts. Hurrah, so I can now safely sit in my driver's seat! Except of course I can't, and have absolutely no idea when I will be able to. Perhaps the GTS I have on order with them will arrive first! We can but dream..
Nightmare!

I had the ONA5 update done 2 weeks ago - the job card says 'tape' - clearly we don't have the right kind of tape in UK!

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Mine had an unplanned visit to Porsche Colchester following a tyre blow out, and the ridiculous situation nowadays with cars without spare tyres ( Porsche goo no good apparently as hole to big!). Anyhoo, whilst there had first service and update. Car was there late Friday and ready to go Tuesday evening, but not sure what was tyre/ software/ service, but got the impression from the chatter software update took most of Tuesday, and possibly Monday also. Coloured icons look pretty, parking sensors sound different, and some selection options missing when first picked up but seem to be re appearing! Not really got into any detail yet but visually more appealing!

Porsche Taycan Update to software network VR19.0.1. Campaign number WNJ8 (UK) 646B6A07-4E81-4F45-82E8-ADC628DC7DC9
Sponsored