WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Feb 6th Update: There’s an update on the app for minor bug fixes today so hopefully it fixes the connectivity issues many were having with remote park assist.

The new app interface looks great, and has lots of new features. Check it out from your App Store or Google Play

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions IMG_8918
Sponsored

Last edited:

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
what are the new features?

faithnomore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I just updated.

Looks to be mainly superficial stuff + Apple Maps integration and heaviliy improved apple watch integration. I clicked the explanation for maps away, so I don't know what it will do

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
The Apple Watch integration is a big improvement - really pleased I can start warming up the car from it now!

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Where it says about Apple Maps integration - do they mean that the car will share SoC info so planning can include recommended charging stops when using Apple Maps?

The Porsche navigation is awful but it's handy to know estimated SoC at arrival and for it to plan using the PCN

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Was really hoping they'd add the ability to lock/unlock the car from the app for those of us with a 2020. Oh well, seems silly that you can't control the locks on a 2020 when you can every other year (and every other make of car).

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Ignore my post - I've now read and it does indeed add charging stops when needed

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Ignore my post - I've now read and it does indeed add charging stops when needed
Does it add preheating of the battery though? In winter time that is the most important feature of the navigator.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
OK, apparently I need more coffee here but after updating the App I don't see any new complications from the MyPorsche app to add in the Apple Watch app face (Meridian face) - still see and can use Electric Sidecar no prob - please point me to the obvious I am missing!

PS: The Electric Sidecar watch app still does a lot more than the updates listed but def a step in the right direction.

EDIT: OK, now see that it is simply the App on the watch not as a Complication - seems like a bit of a fail to me - anyone see where it can be added as a complication?

Even our wee Mini has its complication!

Porsche Taycan [Updated] My Porsche App updated w/ new interface and functions IMG_3954

Last edited:

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Does it add preheating of the battery though? In winter time that is the most important feature of the navigator.
It doesn't specifically say so, but it seems all other functionality is being passed through (current drive mode, etc) so it would be a bit of a joke if pre-heating wasn't part of it. The only reason I can think it wouldn't is if it's a one-way API so Apple can read FROM the car but not send back commands TO the car

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
I don’t see that an update for my Porsche app is available so maybe rolling out in phases? Couldn’t believe I didn’t have Apple Watch integration to begin with and would be nice to have that.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I don’t see that an update for my Porsche app is available so maybe rolling out in phases? Couldn’t believe I didn’t have Apple Watch integration to begin with and would be nice to have that.
Apologies if obvious but in the App Store app be sure to tap the text/logo 'area' not the 'open' button when looking for the Update - I'm in Houston and it's available to me so would be surprised if not available to you too?

Last edited:

24Neptune

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Taycan RWD, 2024 Audi SQ5 Prestige
Country flag
Apologies if obvious but in the Applications app be sure to tap the text/logo 'area' not the 'open' button when looking of the Update - I'm in Houston and it's available to me so would be surprised if not available to you too?
Thaks for that! I use the App Store a lot and never had to do that for other apps when an Update is available.
Sponsored