TayTaySD

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mamba Green Taycan 4S
Country flag
I forgot to mention, the new Plug and Charge feature is very nice! This was not available in
the 2020 model. Although the EA stations still seem to be problematic more often than they should, not a Porsche problem.
Sponsored

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Given the relatively low cost vs the other options then for me its a gamble but one worth taking for any purchaser. If never used then a waste of money but if Tesla do open up then you’d be absolutely kicking yourself not having it.
This is good advice. Thanks -- I almost was talked out of this option.

CAracer

First Name
Johh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG GTS Mercedes GLC300, Honda CRV
Country flag
I get many compliments on the color everyday. If you want a stealth car don't get it.
This is my SECOND Taycan, both in Mamba Green... ;-)
Thanks for you feedback on the color. Appreciate it

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
More headroom with glass. 1.5-2 inches
If I ever did another one, I would go steel roof as well. I really don't like the all glass roof and the sun that comes through in the summer month.

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Realize question for OP but can throw in my one experience to date with a 350kW EA charger - I had a high SoC to begin with i.e. over 60% and was getting 102 kW all the way to 80% over 80% it started to decrease to 94kW and I finished charging at 88%. 102kW seems low, clearly well below chargers potential, and I assumed it was because of my high initial SoC - however lack experience here and TBH I cannot tell if this charger was being throttled for any reason by EA or the setup there.
Here is a graph of charging speed in KWh VS SOC (state of charge) across most EV’s… almost all start to ramp down past 50% SOC… Taycan peaks at about 40% and tapers off.

Porsche Taycan Upgraded from 2020 Taycan 4S to 2022 Taycan 4S A801A32B-1FB3-401F-80D8-6EB84FC4BCD0

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Realize question for OP but can throw in my one experience to date with a 350kW EA charger - I had a high SoC to begin with i.e. over 60% and was getting 102 kW all the way to 80% over 80% it started to decrease to 94kW and I finished charging at 88%. 102kW seems low, clearly well below chargers potential, and I assumed it was because of my high initial SoC - however lack experience here and TBH I cannot tell if this charger was being throttled for any reason by EA or the setup there.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Here is a graph of charging speed in KWh VS SOC (state of charge) across most EV’s… almost all start to ramp down past 50% SOC… Taycan peaks at about 40% and tapers off.

A801A32B-1FB3-401F-80D8-6EB84FC4BCD0.png
Thx yes indeed, have learned a lot since that post of mine and had seen a few examples of similar graphs - thx for sharing.

waymaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022
Country flag
For the PDLS+, that function is not enabled for cars in the US bc it wasnt legal until very recently. The Biden bill that got passed last time around, I dont know what to call it (i think it was the build back better) and not being political either way about it, had in it a clause making these advanced head light features finally legal in the US. Porsche hasn’t had a chance yet to implement them, but I talked to the dealer service dept and they are at least hopeful there will be a software/hardware solution enabled to make them work for the cars that are already out there and eventually they will be working from the beginning for model years coming.
- Porsche App is literally worse having also 2 Tesla which literally can do everything.
-Taycan rear kicking is hit and miss for me also. - Some video say aim for the Porsche C area. Sometimes works great but never when I really need it to.
Sponsored