Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Anybody know what’s going on here ? My dealer has not been communicating well despite my prodding.
In europé my dealer Will get allications in oktober-november.. I put my real order in Porsche system the 5:e of semptember and is nr one on the list.
Delivery first quarter 2020...

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
We won't have even models to drive until November/December. Leasing is totally up in the air. Dealers are frustrated.

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We won't have even models to drive until November/December. Leasing is totally up in the air. Dealers are frustrated.
that’s how things are in CA too. Was curious if anyone higher on the list, or vips had more details.

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
What time will it arrive in the UK? Are we talking 20 reg or something?
I was in my dealer today (PC Leeds); they said they’ve been told the UK Taycan allocation is 2500 cars for 2020.

they don’t yet know what there allocation will be although they’re hopeful for a good number as they’re in the top 3 UK dealerships for volume of car sales.

also said production not starting until January so suggested likely Q2/3 at earliest for delivery....

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I was in my dealer today (PC Leeds); they said they’ve been told the UK Taycan allocation is 2500 cars for 2020.

they don’t yet know what there allocation will be although they’re hopeful for a good number as they’re in the top 3 UK dealerships for volume of car sales.

also said production not starting until January so suggested likely Q2/3 at earliest for delivery....
Damn, that probably means a few test cars/initial cars for 20 reg and most cars will get a 70 reg plate?

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this is the stuff I’m confused about. Production started in September. Only for ... some countries ? Some configs? Some VIPs ?

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
I keep googling "first Taycan delivery" - nothing there. What did they do with the first month production?

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Spoke to my dealer today. Per the dealer (located in California) must have cars on the ground in California by the end of the year. (Per the Dieselgate Settlement). The dealer will be getting 3 cars (he does not know what) he believes the first two weeks of December. He also said that once the dealer gets the cars that is when he should know what the allocations are. Finally, he mentioned that he is going to Atlanta for Taycan training December 6-8. Only 2 people from he dealership are going. The dealership is a large dealer in Southern California. Hope the information helps.

Last edited:

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
My dealer is expecting to have a Turbo S, Turbo and 4S in the showroom / for test driving before the end of the year.....

Penners

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery 5
Country flag
Damn, that probably means a few test cars/initial cars for 20 reg and most cars will get a 70 reg plate?
When I said I wouldn’t want delivery until April at earliest (to take the benefit of 0%BIK company car tax) the sales guy chuckled and said it would be “later” in the year than that!

might be different for Turbo orders but I’m only in at the 4s price point

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Seems to me like this is a paper launch in the US.
I just contacted my small dealer in CT, and I have more info from this forum (brochures and charging info) that he hasn't even seen yet. This is what he said:

"I truly have little info, as Porsche has been pretty tight lipped to us.

We have no brochures, and the GM hasn't even gone to his launch yet. I don't actually expect any cars, aside from the one they will send us, until mid year next year. Everything they are releasing is for the rest of the world....They just delayed the Macan Turbo and Cayenne Coupe from Oct 25 delivery to 5/1 next year.

Once we have info, I'll send it along...."

In a prior conversation he told me they have 1 Taycan demo arriving sometime before 2020 that cannot be sold and that I will be able test drive.

This fits with what Marshall said above. Paper launch with a few vehicles on US soil to fill the dieselgate requirements.

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anybody hear anything about Turbo allocations in the US ? I see a few folks have gotten build orders for the 4S.
Sponsored