Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I tried to fast charge while shopping at Target this morning but all of the EA Signet-branded 150 kW units were displaying "Charger Unavailable". Customer support said the site is down. So I drove to EA's national headquarters here in Reston, where they have four different models of DC fast chargers available for public use. Three are older models that we're all familiar with, and one is a newer model Signet. I charged at the 2018-vintage ABB 350 kW unit, and checked out the other three. Their 2020-vintage Signet 350 kW unit had the same error as the 150 kW Signet units at Target. A freshly installed 2022 Signet 350 kW unit was not yet powered up, but you can see in the photo below that it has a single, retractable cable that appears to be quite long. If it is long, I'm curious how hot the cable will get due to resistance, and how well the cable cooling system will keep up vs. throttling the charging rate. The fourth unit was a BTC 150 kW unit of unknown vintage, with the dual CCS and CHAdeMO cables.

Does anyone know if there are more of these single cable HDP350K-NCM-G4 Signet units in the wild?

Porsche Taycan [US] EA testing Signet single cable HDP350K-NCM-G4 DC fast charger tempImageA4bfhu
Porsche Taycan [US] EA testing Signet single cable HDP350K-NCM-G4 DC fast charger tempImageZMUEQ7

Porsche Taycan [US] EA testing Signet single cable HDP350K-NCM-G4 DC fast charger tempImageIAYk7I

Porsche Taycan [US] EA testing Signet single cable HDP350K-NCM-G4 DC fast charger tempImageDFWRGW