US Orders: Has your Car Made it on Vessel? (Early Sept Poll)

Has your Car Made it on a Vessel?

• Yes - Car started production in July or Later

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Trying to figure out how much of a delay the 12V battery shortage is, polling by production start date vs. if your car has made it on vessel. Right now I believe the cutoff is June start builds have made it, and July start builds haven't. If you have a July start or later that is on vessel, please post what your start production date was. If you have a June start or earlier and haven't made on vessel, please also post.

I believe that if they are installing batteries in sequential order by production start date, we should be able to get a pretty good sense of when our cars will actually ship out by figuring out lead time from production start to shipping. TYD isn't providing very accurate estimates; Many people have the same placeholder on vessel date of 10/14 right now, and some people who just put in orders that have yet to start production have even earlier on vessel dates than those whose cars have been completed

For US Orders Only. Sorry Europe and others seems to be in a different queue and unrelated to US timelines, which makes sense as the Vin sequences are different because of country code.
Sponsored

Last edited:

49ersfan

First Name
Sukh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ord), Rover Supercharged, F250
Country flag
Our Taycan was ready for transport on 07/13/2022. Time of arrival to dealership is early December.

OP
OP
whan

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our Taycan was ready for transport on 07/13/2022. Time of arrival to dealership is early December.
When did production start on your car, and I assume your car hasn't gotten on a Vessel yet?

49ersfan

First Name
Sukh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (ord), Rover Supercharged, F250
Country flag
When did production start on your car, and I assume your car hasn't gotten on a Vessel yet?
Scheduled for production at the end of March, but I believe started production early July. Correct, it has not gotten on a Vessel yet.

OP
OP
whan

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Scheduled for production at the end of March, but I believe started production early July. Correct, it has not gotten on a Vessel yet.
Thanks - adds another data point to my theory. There is a member with 6/24 production start that made it on the most recent West Coast boat, but one with 7/2 start did not

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
My car started production on 6/20, finished 6/24. Finally got on a boat 8/16 and landed in Rhode Island a few days ago.

That gives an 8 week delay between finishing build and getting on a ship.

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
Production completed 07/11/22 and stuck on Ready to Transport.
US West Coast.

OP
OP
whan

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Production completed 07/11/22 and stuck on Ready to Transport.
US West Coast.
Thanks! How about production start date? Reason I'm using start date as opposed to completion is because some of the July starts like mine didn't complete until after the August factory holiday was over, so based on completion date, mine is over a month after yours, but start date was likely only 2 weeks after.

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
Thanks! How about production start date? Reason I'm using start date as opposed to completion is because some of the July starts like mine didn't complete until after the August factory holiday was over, so based on completion date, mine is over a month after yours, but start date was likely only 2 weeks after.
My start date was 07/05/22. I was showing In Transit to Emden Port dated 07/12/22.
Last week it moved back to Randy for Transport dated 07/11/22.

Porsche Taycan US Orders: Has your Car Made it on Vessel? (Early Sept Poll) 1662072814146

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Tirismo 4
Country flag
Schedule production 6/1, start production 7/18, completed production 7/22, it was arrive at dealership 8/26 but right now held by Porsche. Showing ready for transport.:CWL:

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
Schedule production 6/1, start production 7/18, completed production 7/22, it was arrive at dealership 8/26 but right now held by Porsche. Showing ready for transport.:CWL:
So your TYD is completely incorrect?
You SA told you they have it at the dealer?

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Tirismo 4
Country flag
So your TYD is completely incorrect?
You SA told you they have it at the dealer?
It was showing “arrived at dealership”for two weeks. Then change back to “ ready for transfer” my SA have totally no idea wats going on.

Edit: the TYD original delivery date was 08/26/22 that’s wat I mean

Cooper63

First Name
Cooper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (2022)
Country flag
It was showing “arrived at dealership”for two weeks. Then change back to “ ready for transfer” my SA have totally no idea wats going on.

Edit: the TYD original delivery date was 08/26/22 that’s wat I mean
Okay. I guess we are all about the same.
The excitement of getting the new car is not as much as it was at the beginning............
But from I been seeing, most people waited at least 10 months for their orders.

OP
OP
whan

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Bumping this thread for a Mid September Update. There have now been a few boats headed to other parts of the US (non-West coast). Have any of you who weren't on a boat at the beginning of this year now made it on one?

West coast bound boat is at the end of this month (previous one was in August), so I know myself and others are hoping we'll be on that one

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
Production started 07/02 - Just got to Emden this morning 09/22 (per TYD graphics and the red blinking dot, text did not change).

Porsche Taycan US Orders: Has your Car Made it on Vessel? (Early Sept Poll) 1663871829847
Sponsored

Last edited: