Vertical

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, many other P-cars
Country flag
My 2020 Turbo S went in for whatever this major software update is called almost 2 weeks ago and it doesn't look like I'll see it back until at least next week. Have others experienced this same thing? I was told it might take up to a week for just the software updates but now I'm being told that they were waiting on some high voltage wiring and the latest delay is something battery related. I'm guessing the 12v issue but I've never had any of the problems others have experienced so I'm hoping they don't start now. Thoughts, comments?
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
So my software update took exactly a day and a half it was smooth and well-executed. However, it was immediately preceded by a very long process for installing a replacement "control module." I do wonder if those of us with older vehicles have some issues tied to hardware enhancements made by various component manufacturers that is contributing to the challenges with the software update. I certainly wonder what would have happened if they had attempted to update the software before my "control module" started to fail...