US- Secondary User - Access to Porsche charging service no-charge 30 min?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd like my secondary user to be able to use the no-charge 30 minutes at EA stations. When I attempted to see if this works in secondary user's MyPorsche app, got the message that the secondary user must activate Porsche Charging Service in Porsche Connect.

Have not done that yet, but I wondered if secondary user activates Porsche Charging Service under their own secondary user MyPorsche account, will no-charge 30 minutes charge at EA be available, or not?
Sponsored

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I’m confused, can’t they simply pull up to the EA station and plug and charge? EA recognizes the vehicle at handshake, not the driver….but perhaps I’m missing something. I never launch the app charging my 2022.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if you don't have plug & charge you have to use the app - and my 2nd user can't use the included 30 min contract.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have 2 reasons for wanting my secondary user to have a Porsche charging account:
1. The e-station lookup on the MyPorsche app now seems to give info about status of the individual charging stations - busy (and for how long) or available/out of order (and for how many hours/days), etc. I know it may not be reliable data, but it is more detailed than other station status info I have found. MyPorsche requires the secondary user to have charging services to use this feature.
2. When I charged at an EA site in Indianapolis a week ago, the MyPorsche app indicated that that EA location did not have Plug & Charge enabled. Because of that info, I used the MyPorsche app, instead of plug & charge, for the first time.

Assuming Dave's info is correct - that his secondary user does not get the free 30 minutes, then I'd still like my secondary user to be able to see the station status details on the MyPorsche app.

Long time ago Dave advised owners to learn and try all the methods of enabling fast charging, including using a credit card.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Can the secondary user simply call EA customer support to initiate the free charge?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have 2 reasons for wanting my secondary user to have a Porsche charging account:
1. The e-station lookup on the MyPorsche app now seems to give info about status of the individual charging stations - busy (and for how long) or available/out of order (and for how many hours/days), etc. I know it may not be reliable data, but it is more detailed than other station status info I have found. MyPorsche requires the secondary user to have charging services to use this feature.
2. When I charged at an EA site in Indianapolis a week ago, the MyPorsche app indicated that that EA location did not have Plug & Charge enabled. Because of that info, I used the MyPorsche app, instead of plug & charge, for the first time.

Assuming Dave's info is correct - that his secondary user does not get the free 30 minutes, then I'd still like my secondary user to be able to see the station status details on the MyPorsche app.

Long time ago Dave advised owners to learn and try all the methods of enabling fast charging, including using a credit card.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...ce-using-350kw-charger.4042/page-2#post-57023

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Can the secondary user simply call EA customer support to initiate the free charge?
Yes but it takes much longer.
Sponsored