USA Insurance Recommendations?

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Any recommendations for USA insurers who are ideal for Taycan (or any new Porsche) ownership?

Porsche Insurance is starting up in the USA and looks very interesting, but is only operating in 3-4 states (including Oregon, Illinois and Georgia): https://www.porscheautoinsurance.com

Some Porsche aficionados might point to Chubb or Hagerty - but AFAIK they only cater to classic / collector / seldom-driven cars.

My biggest beef with my current insurer is that they won’t pay for OEM parts. I also have concerns over max covered replacement value given the cost of a Taycan…
Sponsored

BTN1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S & 2020 911 Turbo S
Country flag
our existing policy won't write over 200k...Had to use Allstate...

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
We use Geico for our Porsches and Liberty Mutual for our Turo cars we have. Both are great companies to deal with.

We have heard that Geico is not to friendly to Turo users so we went ahead and made sure that all of our personal and professional assets are fully divorced from each other.

Geico rates are under $100 per month for each of our Porsches and the same for Liberty Mutual with our Turo cars.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I use Geico and have had no issues. Got a quote to switch out for the Taycan and it was very reasonable.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I switched from SAFECO to Progressive, $2K vs $540 annually ( $1000 deductible collision, $500K liability ).

10/29/21 UPDATE: just got my 2022 premium. The Taycan increased to $948 ( no claims ). With the single payment option I just paid $2053 for the Taycan, Cayenne & Spyder. It is not clear how the single payment option is apportioned to the three car premiums. I suspect they now have a year's worth of Taycan claims data.......

Last edited:

ljump12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3
Country flag
I had geico, they quoted me 2600/yr for the taycan. Switched to progressive after they quoted me ~1100/yr.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For me, Liberty Mutual was by far the cheapest - and the insurance cost is less than I had on my Panamera or my wife's GLS450. Geico was a close 2nd. Don't forget to note it down as low-mileage unless you plan to drive it a lot (most EV's are driven less miles, but have to be noted as such for the insurance policy to reflect the discount).

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I got mercury around $1700 a year. I switched from Allstate after they gave me $2500 / year.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
it is very difficult to compare insurance costs, the only similarity is the car but there are many other factors that go into what you are quoted.
some factors are your driving habits, miles drive, commuting? business use, or strictly pleasure use. where the car sleeps is also a big factor, garaged or not, and where you live, the risks found i different places affects your rates, some areas have high theft, vandalism rates others are not impacted by issues like that. your credit rating could also impact your rates. these and other things all make policies unique to the individual. additionally what coverage levels and deductibles that you carry can make the costs vary.

here FLA the insurance companies seem to be playing a new game. Teaser intro rates, in the past couple of years I have bounced from geico to progressive to nationwide because they seem to offer a low intro rate on new policies, despite no changes in where I live, no accidents or tickets geico boosted me 40% over 3, 6 month periods so I dropped them and moved to progressive which offered a rate similar to where I started at geico, after 6 months, the renewal offered was a 30% increase in premium, so I am now with nationwide.
3 cars, the taycan, a 2022 genesis and a 2108 infiniti, 3 clean drivers, max coverages are about $1900 per 6 months.

the best advice is to shop around, compare apples to apples and go for the best rate available wherever it is you are.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
it is very difficult to compare insurance costs, the only similarity is the car but there are many other factors that go into what you are quoted.
some factors are your driving habits, miles drive, commuting? business use, or strictly pleasure use. where the car sleeps is also a big factor, garaged or not, and where you live, the risks found i different places affects your rates, some areas have high theft, vandalism rates others are not impacted by issues like that. your credit rating could also impact your rates. these and other things all make policies unique to the individual. additionally what coverage levels and deductibles that you carry can make the costs vary.

here FLA the insurance companies seem to be playing a new game. Teaser intro rates, in the past couple of years I have bounced from geico to progressive to nationwide because they seem to offer a low intro rate on new policies, despite no changes in where I live, no accidents or tickets geico boosted me 40% over 3, 6 month periods so I dropped them and moved to progressive which offered a rate similar to where I started at geico, after 6 months, the renewal offered was a 30% increase in premium, so I am now with nationwide.
3 cars, the taycan, a 2022 genesis and a 2108 infiniti, 3 clean drivers, max coverages are about $1900 per 6 months.

the best advice is to shop around, compare apples to apples and go for the best rate available wherever it is you are.
Exact same thing going on here in TX/Houston - currently with Geico and yet to see impact of adding the CT but suspect I'll be rotating like you soon again also - a PITA TBH!

OP
OP
satchurator

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
OP here. Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m less concerned about finding the absolute lowest price, and more concerned about quality of coverage and quality of experience. For example, Liberty Mutual won’t guarantee OEM parts, and will push your body shop to use reconditioned or third party equivalents when available. If you need a rental, they’ll only cover $26 per day.
Saving a hundred bucks here or there isn’t worth it if your experience with an actual claim is bad and leaves you closing the gaps out of pocket.

Last edited:

kev0927

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi E-tron
Country flag
OP here. Thanks for all the suggestions. I’m less concerned about finding the absolute lowest price, and more concerned about quality of coverage and quality of experience. For example, Liberty Mutual won’t guarantee OEM parts, and will push your body shop to use reconditioned or third party equivalents when available. If you need a rental, they’ll only cover $26 per day.
Saving a hundred bucks here or there isn’t worth it if your experience with an actual claim is bad and leaves you closing the gaps out of pocket.
Excellent points.
I have geico it comes out to $2000 a year for me and my wife with our Taycan turbo and E-trim suv. Full coverage with umbrella coverage. $1k deductible.
I’ll have to look into their policy on OEM parts

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have Acuity. I had a claim last year (someone hit my parked car and drove off) and they let me use my body shop of choice and paid for my rental in full. Lowest prices through my broker also.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Most policies will not cover OEM if non-OEM parts are easy to find (which I doubt they are for Taycans so they mightbe forced to pay OEM). Some insurances have an "OEM coverage" option that you can add to your policy
https://mwg.aaa.com/insurance/car/articles/what-is-oem-insurance

Btw AAA also reimburses up to $30/day for rental...

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
Any recommendations for USA insurers who are ideal for Taycan (or any new Porsche) ownership?

Porsche Insurance is starting up in the USA and looks very interesting, but is only operating in 3-4 states (including Oregon, Illinois and Georgia): https://www.porscheautoinsurance.com

Some Porsche aficionados might point to Chubb or Hagerty - but AFAIK they only cater to classic / collector / seldom-driven cars.

My biggest beef with my current insurer is that they won’t pay for OEM parts. I also have concerns over max covered replacement value given the cost of a Taycan…
I have similar experiences as r553 with progressive, I am 34 with ~800 credit score, no major accidents /tickets. I am quoted at 93/mo for my 4S with bundled home insurance. 1k deductables, 300k liability w/ 300k Underinsured/Uninsured motorist coverage. Other places like Geico were about 150/mo for me, so it wasn't even close.
Sponsored