Dw7

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, 911 Cs 992 Cabrio
Country flag
Hi all just recently got my Taycan 4s and the USB ports in the arm rest and the phone holder are not charging. I am thinking it could be a fuse needing replacement but just wondered if anyone else had this issues and had a solution.

cheers
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi all just recently got my Taycan 4s and the USB ports in the arm rest and the phone holder are not charging. I am thinking it could be a fuse needing replacement but just wondered if anyone else had this issues and had a solution.

cheers
Its a known issue....

Due to the microchip shortage they are shipped without wireless charging, to be fitted later. Similar to 2nd key and electronic steering adjustment.

You are better off using the rear USBc ports anyway for charging.

The armrest one makes the phone red hot and is very slow, whereas the rears USBc is very fast.

More here....
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/wireless-charging-uk.2757/

Last edited:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you are using the USB-C ports, but using an adapter, then get rid of the adapter and get a USB-C cable. Some USB-A to USB-C adapters are weird and only work plugged in one way.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
FWIW I charge using the port in the rear seat. No possible interference with wireless carplay and my iphone 12 charges insanely fast with this method. [ex. 17-80% in ~12 minutes]

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
FWIW I charge using the port in the rear seat. No possible interference with wireless carplay and my iphone 12 charges insanely fast with this method. [ex. 17-80% in ~12 minutes]
Doing exactly the same. I don’t want to use wired carplay and have my phone constantly bombarded with energy at 100% battery. Treating the phone the same way im treating my Taycan with just 80% charges ?
Sponsored