USB "Track list not available"

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Been dealing with this shit ever since picking up our 2022 4S CT. Not fixed after the uPdATeeeEeEEe either.

Sometimes, and it seems to persist until the car is powered off (exited, locked, walked away from, I cannot browse any of the music on my USB C SSD.

And when this occurs, it tends to remember the last thing I was listening to, so if I was listening to an album before this issue happened, I will be "trapped" listening ONLY to that album, and the only workaround is to unplug the SSD and plug it back in. After which I can at least shuffle the tracks, even if I still can't browse them.

I need to engage with PCNA about this but I'm REALLY not looking forward to what I'm sure will be a slow, frustrating, and agonizing experience. So I'm trying to figure out as much as I can before I make the call.

This happens if the SSD is formatted with exfat or fat32. Next I'll try carrying another USB drive with me to see if the issue happens to any devices when it occurs, or just one.

Side note, I'm really curious about this ESOWMPINFO.txt file the car always drops on the drive. Always filled with a string of what looks like base 16 characters (DF823EDB074CA0756ECD99D00C3C8955) but it's a weird format I can't find any info on. Maybe a hash of the files or something so it can detect changes and re-index? Dunno. But deleting it when the problem occurs doesn't fix it.

Porsche Taycan USB "Track list not available" PXL_20221013_010206415
Sponsored

OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not relevant, I'm afraid. I don't have the ability to browse by files and folders OR by artist or anything else. There's just no way at all to browse and select media, as shown in my photo
What size of SSD are you using?

OP
OP
pnw-ev-nerd

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not sure if there is a limit to what the PCM can manage. 1TB feels like a lot. There may be a table printed in one of the guides where this and file formats are listed
The technical information part of the manual says nothing about a maximum storage capacity. And considering it works perfectly fine at least half the time, and music still plays even when it can't list tracks, I doubt the volume size is an issue.

Also I don't have the drive filled, not even close. It's around 150gb of music files (and sport chrono exports)
Sponsored