Used e-tron GT prices

hitmonlee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Not even sure what kind of feedback I'm looking for by posting this, I guess just to share my observation more than anything.

I've been looking at used Taycans with the following filters:
  • Air suspension
  • Performance battery plus
  • Rear axle steering
  • Full leather interior
The cheapest I can find right now is some MY20 4S that's in the $110k range, with MSRP around $140k - $150k.

Watched an e-tron GT video suggested by YouTube last night and decided to check out used e-tron GTs, just out of curiosity. For those who aren't familiar with e-tron GTs, air suspension and big battery come standard. The performance package includes rear axle steering and the full leather package includes, well, leather interior.

Found one MY22 on sale for just over $80k and another right below $90k. The price difference is huge. Now to be completely fair, their MSRPs are in the $110k - $120k range to begin with.

I think I'm still leaning towards a Taycan. That said, a used e-tron GT is very tempting.

That's all. Have a nice weekend everyone :)
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Not even sure what kind of feedback I'm looking for by posting this, I guess just to share my observation more than anything.

I've been looking at used Taycans with the following filters:
  • Air suspension
  • Performance battery plus
  • Rear axle steering
  • Full leather interior
The cheapest I can find right now is some MY20 4S that's in the $110k range, with MSRP around $140k - $150k.

Watched an e-tron GT video suggested by YouTube last night and decided to check out used e-tron GTs, just out of curiosity. For those who aren't familiar with e-tron GTs, air suspension and big battery come standard. The performance package includes rear axle steering and the full leather package includes, well, leather interior.

Found one MY22 on sale for just over $80k and another right below $90k. The price difference is huge. Now to be completely fair, their MSRPs are in the $110k - $120k range to begin with.

I think I'm still leaning towards a Taycan. That said, a used e-tron GT is very tempting.

That's all. Have a nice weekend everyone :)
You have to select the RS version to get rear axle steering here in the UK.
My first look at this platform was the E-Tron GT but it felt big and more ungainly compared to the Taycan on demo despite being the same size.

Shame, it was about £11000 less expensive.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Go build a new Etron so you can see the differences. I did this when buying my Taycan. They have packaged options, but things you want force you into the next level up package. I was able to get all my options a la carte from Porsche and stick with my budget.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I have had an RS e-tron GT as my daily driver for a year or so, but have switched to a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo this year. If the trunk of a sedan is roomy enough for you and you don't mind a no-feel steering, the RS may be a good choice. But I am very happy with having switched.

Edit: you also have to accept that the artificial sound cannot be turned off, that is a silly limitation to me.

Last edited:

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
Unless you’re stuck on needing the Porsche badge, the e-tron (particularly on the used market is far better bang for your buck at the moment.
The gap between performance and price is not comparable, unless you’re taking it on a track, weekly.
The Porsche is for sure more engaging to drive (though the GT drives really well) and will have more cache, but will be a bit more difficult to find with all the bells and whistles, due to how much one can customize a Porsche.
Also like for like, the Porsche will be more expensive.
Personally, I think the GT is a better looking car, so there’s that.
The Porsche will hold its value longer (despite being more ubiquitous) but are you buying the car to drive or do you plan to trade it in, in the near future?

Best of luck!

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You get what you pay for. It’s simply a matter of what you want out of your car and how much you want to spend.

Audis are cheaper because they can’t match the driving feel of a Porsche. I’ve owned a half dozen plus of each, and there is a valid reason for the price difference. If that reason is of little import to you, go for the Audi. If not, pay the premium and get the Porsche.

parkslopedope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 e-tron GT prestige, 08 911 Carerra S
Country flag
It’s interesting that some will try and project what matters most to them and assume everyone should agree with how they evaluate what’s most valuable in a car.

I own a 911 and I value many things about it, including how it drives. Does that mean I’m right if I say a comparable M5 isn’t as worthy because it’s entry price is lower?
Probably not, because to the BMW driver what they value most about that car may be different from what I personally value.

An equally optioned GT is just as good as the Taycan depending on what you’re looking for (yes, some might even feel it’s better) this person might value buttons over a touch screen, that person may value a smooth drive over a more sporty/harsh one, they may appreciate the convenience of packages with all the features vs needing to spec each one individually, a person might put aesthetics as the number one priority and prefer the look of the GT over the Taycan.

I’m sure we like to believe we all have the best car, because it’s the one we chose, and it’s justifies in our head why we pay more for something that may or may not be objectively better but a car is a very personal decision.

I would encourage anyone to make their decision based upon what you personally value most in a vehicle and not the perception/opinion of those who are badge obsessed and what they believe it means to own a Porsche vs an Audi, etc.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It’s interesting that some will try and project what matters most to them and assume everyone should agree with how they evaluate what’s most valuable in a car.

I own a 911 and I value many things about it, including how it drives. Does that mean I’m right if I say a comparable M5 isn’t as worthy because it’s entry price is lower?
Probably not, because to the BMW driver what they value most about that car may be different from what I personally value.

An equally optioned GT is just as good as the Taycan depending on what you’re looking for (yes, some might even feel it’s better) this person might value buttons over a touch screen, that person may value a smooth drive over a more sporty/harsh one, they may appreciate the convenience of packages with all the features vs needing to spec each one individually, a person might put aesthetics as the number one priority and prefer the look of the GT over the Taycan.

I’m sure we like to believe we all have the best car, because it’s the one we chose, and it’s justifies in our head why we pay more for something that may or may not be objectively better but a car is a very personal decision.

I would encourage anyone to make their decision based upon what you personally value most in a vehicle and not the perception/opinion of those who are badge obsessed and what they believe it means to own a
You just said exactly what I said. People should buy the car that offers what they want.

If you’re insinuating that the cars are equal, just different, that’s laughable. The reason Porsche gets a premium in the marketplace is because the car offers a better sport driving experience, from ergonomics, to steering, to suspension. If one doesn’t value that, they shouldn’t buy the Taycan. And that’s an opinion shared by just about every reviewer who’s driven both cars. And the cost to build the Porsche is higher.

As regards your 911 M5 analogy, as an owner of two of each over the years, I would say my comments above apply equally there. If one is focused on sporty driving, the 911 is on another planet from the numb steering M5. And that’s why the 911 costs 1.5x an M5.

Last edited:

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I think the GT looks like the S5 Sportback, which looks like the A5 Sportback... .....nothing unique.

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.2 Turbo S, Cayenne Diesel, Cayenne E_Hybrid
Country flag
You get what you pay for. It’s simply a matter of what you want out of your car and how much you want to spend.

Audis are cheaper because they can’t match the driving feel of a Porsche. I’ve owned a half dozen plus of each, and there is a valid reason for the price difference. If that reason is of little import to you, go for the Audi. If not, pay the premium and get the Porsche.
Have you driven an ETron GT? This is not a typical Audi and if you're basing your thoughts on past Audi experiences, you're definitely in for a surprise. The car itself is a Taycan with some tuning differences. No, it doesn't have QUITE the feeling of the Taycan. But whereas if you drove a Panamera and a SWB A8 back to back, there would be ZERO issue identifying which is which, if you drove an ETron GT back to back with a Taycan, man, they are very close to one another. It's literally all the same hardware except slight tuning differences of the steering and suspension.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Have you driven an ETron GT? This is not a typical Audi and if you're basing your thoughts on past Audi experiences, you're definitely in for a surprise. The car itself is a Taycan with some tuning differences. No, it doesn't have QUITE the feeling of the Taycan. But whereas if you drove a Panamera and a SWB A8 back to back, there would be ZERO issue identifying which is which, if you drove an ETron GT back to back with a Taycan, man, they are very close to one another. It's literally all the same hardware except slight tuning differences of the steering and suspension.
They are indeed the same mechanically but I did drive the E-Tron GT and then Taycan Cross Turismo close to each other.
I loved the styling of the Audi and the buttons rather than touch screen, but it felt big and ungainly and I nearly didn’t bother to try the Taycan at all. The CT is an estate which is more ideal than a saloon so I tried one, and the Taycan felt smaller and much nimbler, astonishing since they are the same except control programmes!

I have grown to not dislike the touch screen as much as I expected and most of the buttons I use re on the steering wheel anyway.

The Taycan also had options I wanted available for the the 4S which I couldn’t have on the Audi without choosing the RS version (4WS) which made it actually more expensive for the Audi than the CT4S I bought.

I do agree people should just buy what they want but the different between how the E-Tron GT RS and Taycan CT4S drove was so big for me it went from “nice looking but boring and big to drive” to “best everyday car for me I’ve ever driven”.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Just had a loan car from Audi while my (fat) Etron SUV is being fettled.
It’s an Audi A3 poverty spec. It’s 7 degrees C outside.
Leather seats and NO seat heating! Orrible.
Manual gearbox!!
As old fashioned, utilitarian and agricultural as a horse and cart.
The dash reminded me what I am missing in not having an Etron GT.
NOTHING.
You can keep your physical buttons!
This ain’t no Taycan
Porsche Taycan Used e-tron GT prices 712E1A25-CDC4-4489-8EDA-9B016244981D

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just had a loan car from Audi while my (fat) Etron SUV is being fettled.
It’s an Audi A3 poverty spec. It’s 7 degrees C outside.
Leather seats and NO seat heating! Orrible.
Manual gearbox!!
As old fashioned, utilitarian and agricultural as a horse and cart.
The dash reminded me what I am missing in not having an Etron GT.
NOTHING.
You can keep your physical buttons!
This ain’t no Taycan
712E1A25-CDC4-4489-8EDA-9B016244981D.jpeg
Of course it isn't. It's a tarted up Golf. How does that have anything to do with the ETron GT?

Needsdecaf

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They are indeed the same mechanically but I did drive the E-Tron GT and then Taycan Cross Turismo close to each other.
I loved the styling of the Audi and the buttons rather than touch screen, but it felt big and ungainly and I nearly didn’t bother to try the Taycan at all. The CT is an estate which is more ideal than a saloon so I tried one, and the Taycan felt smaller and much nimbler, astonishing since they are the same except control programmes!

I have grown to not dislike the touch screen as much as I expected and most of the buttons I use re on the steering wheel anyway.

The Taycan also had options I wanted available for the the 4S which I couldn’t have on the Audi without choosing the RS version (4WS) which made it actually more expensive for the Audi than the CT4S I bought.

I do agree people should just buy what they want but the different between how the E-Tron GT RS and Taycan CT4S drove was so big for me it went from “nice looking but boring and big to drive” to “best everyday car for me I’ve ever driven”.
I've driven two ETron GT's but our roads are very flat and straight here, so it was hard for me to tell much of a difference between them. Definitely not as tied down, but not overly floaty or loose.

Houston has awful roads for driving enjoyment.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Of course it isn't. It's a tarted up Golf. How does that have anything to do with the ETron GT?
Because the 2 screen dash and physical AC buttons are exactly the same in both cars. I thought the photo was self explanatory assuming you have sat in an Etron GT.
Sponsored