User interface improvements

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Driving home today and after having my car for a month now I decided to compile a list of my top 9 changes I would make to the interface.

Very subjective but feel free to agree/disagree.
Sponsored

Attachments

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Driving home today and after having my car for a month now I decided to compile a list of my top 9 changes I would make to the interface.

Nice presentation and great suggestions. I would also like to see the 3rd row of icons not cut off - the scroll bar to the right shows there are more options below. Like the iPad has multiple pages to swipe through, we know there are multiple pages - we don't need a row of icons cut off in the middle to let people know to scroll down for more options. It may just be me, but this is such a bothersome design to see a row of cut-off icons on the main screen.

Also, for those of us that spent USD $1,130 for the passenger display - make it operational even if no passenger is present. I'm sure that is a safety issue raised by the lawyers so drivers are not looking all the way across the car, but that should be my choice to have something shown on that screen.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

I agree on the storing of settings in different drive modes.
Sometimes the satellite map is not stored, I'm sure this is a bug, like many other unsaved settings.

The rearrange of the buttons is a good one.

I also would suggest the car starts in the drive mode you have previously selected.
I don't want to waste time setting up the car again and again before I'm going to drive, that's just annoying.
One knob for all driving modes, including personal settings.
How hard can it be?
-Normal, for everyday driving.
-Range, for long distance cruising, as efficient as can be.
-Sport, for more sporty driving and track.
With these three modes you'll have it all as you can select individual settings at all the different driving modes so "Individual mode" is no longer necessary.

I also would suggest to extract the spoiler some more, for cleaning or just to show off. :)

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Didn’t know it went sideways. . .
I am serious.
The display is designed in such way you should see the outline of the display through the steering wheel.
There's a spacing between the display and the outer buttons, the steering wheel fits exactly in that space if your seat is adjusted properly.
Ask your dealer if you don't believe me, it worked for me as I had the same "issue".

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I am serious.
The display is designed in such way you should see the outline of the display through the steering wheel.
There's a spacing between the display and the outer buttons, the steering wheel fits exactly in that space if your seat is adjusted properly.
Ask your dealer if you don't believe me, it worked for me as I had the same "issue".
Thanks, will look into this

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
for those of us that spent USD $1,130 for the passenger display - make it operational even if no passenger is present. I'm sure that is a safety issue raised by the lawyers so drivers are not looking all the way across the car, but that should be my choice to have something shown on that screen.
+1 on this one. If I had known that was the deal I wouldn’t have spent the money on the option. I bought the car for solo use.
Sponsored

Last edited: