GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
I took delivery of my Taycan 4S this week, I love the car but still, have a lot of learning to do to understand all its features. Unfortunately, the manual leaves much to be desired in explaining them.

I have an Android (Samsung Galaxy S9+) so I am not able to use Apple Car Play. I have had no problem pairing the phone to the PCM in the Taycan,

The problem is that I would like to play content from the phone such as music or podcasts from Spotify or audiobooks from the Amazon Kindle app through the Taycan's PCM via the Bluetooth connection. While this is easy to do in my Porsche Macan, (Step 1: Pair the phone's BT to the car, Step 2: Select BT as the source on the car's PCM, Step 3.: Play content on the phone through the car) it does not work in the Taycan.

In the Taycan, it appears that the phone can only be used as a data source of MP3 files to be read via BT by the PCM. I have not found a way to use the phone's applications as the source to play through the PCM. Has anybody been successful in doing so? How did set it up and get it to work?

Advice is appreciated.
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Advice is appreciated.
It works well for me. I select the phone as the media device and it controls the app I use (Google Music is what I've tested with). If I switch to radio it automatically pauses phone playback, and starts up again it I select the phone later.

My biggest complaint so far is not being able to move the Apple Music icon, either completely or to the end of my media list.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Also pretty cool, you can hold down the 'voice assist' button the steering wheel for a couple seconds to use your phones assistant. If I want to hear a particular song, I ask Google Assistant to play it for me.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Has anybody been successful in doing so? How did set it up and get it to work?
It's a bit weird, but when you're in the "Music" section, tap on the "..." menu at the end of the list of sources, and you'll see Bluetooth there.

OP
OP
GaryT

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag
Thank you, I am now able to play Bluetooth from my Android phone as a source.
Sponsored