Using Apple Play ( does not show up at times when I connect to my phone )

lornes

First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Panomera and Taycan
Country flag
I have had repeated issues with the Taycan recognizing Apple Car Play when I connect my Iphone. There is a message that shows the iphone is connected but the the Icon does not show up. I have tried unplugging and replugging the phone but no luck. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Overall I love the car ( this is my 9th porsche) but I find the onboard computer buggy at best : (
Sponsored

Last edited:

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I have had repeated issues with the Taycan recognizing Apple Car Play when I connect my Iphone. There is a message that shows the iphone is connected but the the Icon does not show up. I have tried unplugging and replugging the phone but no luck. Is anyone else experience the same problem?

Overall I love the car ( this is my 9th porsche) but I find the onboard computer buggy at best : (
I experienced this twice today. Restarting the car got it to appear.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have had repeated issues with the Taycan recognizing Apple Car Play when I connect my Iphone. There is a message that shows the iphone is connected but the the Icon does not show up. I have tried unplugging and replugging the phone but no luck. Is anyone else experience the same problem?

Not sure if it is the same issue we had, but I think it had something to do with the same iPhone being connected to Bluetooth and the car’s hotspot (which doesn’t work without a data package) at the same time. Whatever the reason, I disassociated / unlinked the phone completely from the car, then re-linked it, and CarPlay has worked ever since.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would also try a different cable. My Audi had the same problem with a finicky cable.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have experienced this as well. But I have had a twist to it that has been troublesome.

I have had CarPlay running, playing music, phone connected and Google Maps for navigation. All with the cable connected, since wireless CarPlay does not work in my model year. When driving through some tunnels the CarPlay stopped working completely. And then it would not reconnect. No matter what we did. Unplugging the phone, plugging it back in etc. The icon for CarPlay would not show up.

Now the twist! Trying to use the car navigator but the phone book would not work. The message on the display stated that Apple CarPlay was active and navigation and phone would work through that. We could get the map up and running after a while and manually set a destination by keyboard input. But the phone book with addresses etc was not available.

After 24 hours things were back to normal. And I used a new original Apple cable, since I had suspected a problem with my cable with the connector at 90 degree angle. But that cable seems ok now.

There is something not quite stable in that implementation of CarPlay.

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Have had similar issues. Especially if I’m parked where there is no cell service. I also have in my head that maybe unlocking the phone helps, but don’t know if that’s truly the case.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I have had repeated issues with the Taycan recognizing Apple Car Play when I connect my Iphone. There is a message that shows the iphone is connected but the the Icon does not show up. I have tried unplugging and replugging the phone but no luck. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Just go to the main screen, select devices and click on the Carplay logo to re-establish the connection with your device. No need to switch off and start again, or use different cables etc.

For MY21 its wireless anyway so you don't need to use a cable.
Sponsored